with or without xenon headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY08s and later (whether RR, LR3 or RRS) allow phonebook download over Bluetooth into the PTI module. If you have an earlier model year with integrated PTI / Bluetooth, the dealer can upgrade your module (for a fee, usually 1 hour of labor but if you sweet talk them into it and are having other work done they may do it for free) via a software upload to enable phonebook over BT . Check to make sure your phone is compatible with that feature first.

Another trick the FFRR telephone can do - and the LR3 can't, since unlike the Range Rover the phone interface of the LR3 is not integrated into the touchscreen - is sending SMS text messages through a keyboard on the touchscreen.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I linked my phone (Sanyo SCP 7050) to the RR, the address book comes-up and I can scroll through on the touch screen and do a myriad of other functions w/o having to touch the phone. It also responds to voice, I believe, but I have not tried this out yet.

My wife's Razr will link with the RR & LR3's bluetooth, but you have to do it manually each time, and I cannot get the address book up on thr RR's screen. Neither can the LR tech's.

My Sanyo will link directly to both the RR & LR3, in fact I cannot walk by either truck without my phone mating to one or both. My wife won't use either my phone or the LR3, however, as she says they both are too rugged and have too much body cladding.

Last edited:

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY08s and later (whether RR, LR3 or RRS) allow phonebook download over Bluetooth into the PTI module. If you have an earlier model year with integrated PTI / Bluetooth, the dealer can upgrade your module (for a fee, usually 1 hour of labor but if you sweet talk them into it and are having other work done they may do it for free) via a software upload to enable phonebook over BT . Check to make sure your phone is compatible with that feature first.

Another trick the FFRR telephone can do - and the LR3 can't, since unlike the Range Rover the phone interface of the LR3 is not integrated into the touchscreen - is sending SMS text messages through a keyboard on the touchscreen.

Just an FYI. I have an early MY 06 LR3 and the dealer was unable to flash the Bluetooth module because he said it requires the newer BT module that wasn't added until midway through the MY 06 production run.

FYI #2, Newport Beach LR charges $65 for the upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge