Wont stay running when low on gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Just to clarify- I am not running OUT of gas!

So when I let my '97 Disco get real low on gas (the light comes on), and then I park my car on our inclined drive way (the hood is facing downhill) my car has a tough time idling- and will sometimes conk out. I don't know if the pump is in the rear or front of the gas tank, but it doesn't sound like it is having a hard time getting gas as I can rev the engine and it will rev up high and stay there.

My suspicion is that after 10 years, there is junk in my gas tank that starts getting in the fuel when it is really low. Would this make sense? Is there anything I can do about it? (Besides keep more gas in the car)

Thanks for any help!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I read something about this a couple of years ago... can't I don't believe it is the fuel pump, but I can't remember... let me do some searching in my archives.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is change the fuel filter... could be clogged sing you were at an angle and low on fuel.. may have sucked up some junk... Fuel pump could be an issue, I do recall something about a bad fuel pump will allow the fuel to flow back.... but can't remember for sure and didn't find anything

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9