Would this winch work on LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for some winches to install on my LR3, saw this one but wasn't sure if this will work:

http://www.harborfreight.com/6000-l...-with-automatic-load-holding-brake-68141.html

Anyone done this or interested?

image_19718.jpg

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6000 lbs isn't enough for an LR3....you want one rated at 9000 or more...though you "can" get by with one rated at 8000, but why risk it.

Also, when purchasing a winch, invest in a good one. That Harbor Freight one above is a made in china cheap POS

Last edited:

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one do you recommend that is optimal and fits LR3?

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warn XD9000 or for a little extra money the Warn 9.5 XP. the 9.5 XP is the same one LR sells for their winch setup. I opted for the 9.5 XP on my arb front bumper

Last edited:

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to save some money you could go with a Smittybilt XRC10 or 12. I have had a XRC8 on my Jeep for a few years and have had no problems.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am trying to spend wisely and not necessarily to save. There are so many options and easy to get confused and then have none :(

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the XD9000. It seems like figuring out how you plan on mounting it, and powering it are equally important questions. In the end, the winch is a small part of it, albeit an important one.

You can consider winch trays, winch bumpers and so on. Consider ringing up Justin @ lucky8 and having a talk with him and get some recommendations.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @tlt, I'll do that. Decisions decisions.... :)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you buy your bumper/mount, whatever first so that you will know what will fit.
A 9000 pound plus is really what you need to find, and here again the type of wheeling you do will also play a big factor in which brand to buy.
That winch that you asked about is a piece of very low quality junk.
I run a 9500 HSI Warn winch, which was one of the best built models they ever made, unfortunately they don't make them any more and offer a couple cheaper quality units in it's place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM