Wow, It's falling apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate with little problems up until last week. Up till now it has been peaches and cream with little needing to be done except maintenance and mods. Well, It started with a little fan that cools the fuse panel, no big deal I have bone yard cpu's and low and behold found a fan that works. Heard some sloshing so I bleed out the air. Next day starter crapped out along with the fusible link, Odd I thought noticing the link blew out (didn't know the starter was shot at this point) so I replaced the link and the starter started running as soon as I replace the link and blew before I was able to pull the earth lead off. So after replacing the starter the next day I figured I would do the diff fluids and with that I got the dreaded 3Amigos (not a big deal it happens to all of us, right) the sensors probably didn't like the clean oil:tongue: .So as I am checking out the brakes just to be sure I noticed a leak at the RF/hub and the seen that it isn't at the mating seal so a hub is on order (mabe the reason for the bla/bla/bla lights). Now after running it to see if I have any other leaks at the diffs I hear sloshing again so I pull the cowl and start the inspection and found nothing, Oh **** I thought to myself and pulled the dipstick, and with it came the milk. **** SOB !@?$ saga frasin SOB! My neighbors were probably amused hearing me freak out. So today I drain the oil to get it to my mechanics, I pull the plug and around 3 qts of water rushes out before the milk. I am glad I still have warranty left on it or it would have become an insurance claim and a settlement on my life insurance policy because I was ready to drive this thing off a cliff into the river.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch... sorry to hear about your issues. At least you found it before the warranty ran out.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have 2 blown head gaskets and the heads go for testing on Monday. No steam cleaned pistons :smokin: . No matter how I asked them they won't do a 4.6 swap if the bottom end is smoked. They said after all is said and done they would do the swap but they will not guarantee it and they will charge real time hourly. Oh well, gotta wait till it's really blown and go diesel. :trytofly:

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads came back OK. But the block is in question. He said the sleeves seem to be in place. Where is the soft spot in these buick motors? I always thought is was the sleeves.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It can also crack behind the sleeves if overheated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM