Xenon Headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aevum031

Reaction score
I've tried to find info on this, but I haven't had too much luck. The LR3 I'm considering to purchase does not have the Xenon package. Would it be possible to buy the left and right projector housings with ballasts and bulbs ( I've seen a few on ebay) and install them? Is a simple swap or will it entail more? I tried to do this on a touareg I used to own and it wasnt possible (without numerous changes) because the models with the xenons had different ecu wiring or something. I cant totally remember, but i think you guys get the jist of it lol. thanks in advanced.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are financing, I would buy the vehicle that has all the options that you want in the first place. Unless the price is an absolute steal, something like xenons would be a deal breaker for me. Cooler box. would be a different story.

Aevum031

Reaction score
Yea, it was a deal breaker for me as well. I havent driven a car with halogens since i was in my teens. Decided to hold off the purchase and search a bit, I found another 06 with similar mileage, CPO and has xenons and is a 7 seater for about the same price. Nav would be nice too but I have two garmins so eh, not too concerned over it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4