YATT (Yet Another Tire Thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.. I have dragged my feet on getting the tires.. I am trying to push it as much as I can on the goodyears.. (wanted the tax write off in 2008) .. i have come down to two choices

1) good year silent armors (of the wranger variant) in 265/60/18
2) cooper zeon ltz in 285/60/18

the internal debate right now is:
a) what is the advtange / trade off of going with a 265 v. 285
b) which is better in snow / ice (subjective obviously)

if anyone can shed some light on either i would appreciate it.

thanks

kz

The dia of the 285's is about 1.5 in more than stock so you might have rubbing issues at times., also I don't think they will fit in the spare tire well without airing them down.

I can highly recommend the Goodyear's for overall performance on and off road. HTH

Cheers
John in Hubbard, Ohio

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the Yoko A/T-S in either 265/60-18 110H or 275/60-18 116H. I went with 265 as they are within 2% of OE. Both are H rated and LI supports the LR3 GVWR.

dronedog

Reaction score
i have the nitto. so far they have been fine. i do not notice any tire noise. but they are big and there are some issues with getting the spare in the hole. i have to let them down to about 5 lbs pressure to fit and allow me to slide in the hitch adapter. so then i bought an air pump to run them up to pressure should i need one. i also had to buy a wheel (ebay) to carry a full spare.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
davez26... you ever do the ice racing up in georgetown?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never seem to find my way up there, but it sounds like fun! We have done some dealer events in the past on ice down here in Colorado Springs, on smaller lakes, and it is a good time. I may have to find a way to get up there.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.. got the goodyear's on this weekend! overall, i like them. they are just a bit bigger that the stock goodyears which adds some nice curb appeal.. so, now i am wondering what psi are other goodyear SA owners running?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually keep mine pretty high since i do a lot of highway driving, usually 38 front and 41 rear.

drafdog

Reaction score
OT - larger than stock spare tire

Sorry to hijack the thread.

i have to let them down to about 5 lbs pressure to fit and allow me to slide in the hitch adapter. .

I have the Nitto's and in order to put in both the spare tire and the hitch receiver, I had to remove both of the small black donut stopper things inside the spare tire area. This allowed me to push up the tire another inch or so. IIRC I used a 10mm open end wrench to get between the frame and floor.

Hijack off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4