Yet another EAS Fiasco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearish, that's good info. It tells us that your rear valve block is fine and there are no leaks in your rear struts or lines.

Now... let's try to find out where the problem actually lies.

The error code you got, c112f-72, was this before you took the car into the shop or after the work was done? Or both? It is most likely due to a faulty valve block, and I would obviously guess the front valve block, but I want to make sure it was there before the compressor replacement. If not, it may be possible it's due to other factors.

What tool did you use to read the code? Do you have a diagnostic tool at home? Any way to read the main system pressure after the fuses are out and the car has sat for a while?

With the information you've provided so far, I would be most likely to replace the front valve block as the next course of action (it's relatively cheap and easy), but let's see if we can't get a little more detail before jumping into that.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't got a tool, I took it to the indy immediately after the light turned on on day one of the new AMK and he scanned the error in front of me, he uses autologic's Blue Box.

I cannot say if it was there before the new compressor because all I was told by my dealer and 2 indies was that the codes were pointing at a bad compressor only, despite me insisting that the rear valve block was fckd up, they said the codes were compressor related. So perhaps it wasn't there before or it was and they assumed it was caused by the compressor. Idk

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cmb, are you saying that we need to be in Tight Tol mode even when doing a calibration with the IIDTool? I've never done that...

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know... that's a good question actually. I thought they stated you should be in tight tolerance mode in their earlier literature, but I don't think it's in there now.

I guess when you think about it and use the calculation worksheet that they have, then perhaps it isn't needed. Since you can read out exactly how much each strut is deviating from the set value, and then do the calculations on the sheet, maybe it's not necessary. :confused:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the new spreadsheet version of the calculation sheet? Pretty slick...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM