Adding Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reno LR

Reaction score
Traded in my 2011 LR4 for a new 2019 Discovery yesterday. The new rig is an HSE but doesn’t have the factory fog lights. I asked about adding them but the dealers service department said it wasn’t possible and had to be done at the factory. Is this really true? Seems odd that they wouldn’t be pre-wired and just require the lights and being enabled in the computer. Any suggestions?

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electronic systems and controls are so interdependent and tightly integrated on these vehicles that adding factory-spec electronics (fog lights or anything else) post production is simply not feasible. I always special order and have never purchased a vehicle from dealer inventory because I know what I want and am willing to wait (and pay) for it.

I assume you paid well below sticker MSRP for your new Disco since you purchased from dealer inventory. Celebrate the fact that you're enjoying new car smell for $Thousands less than what the dealer would like to have gotten for it, and forget about the fog lights.

Reno LR

Reaction score
Good advice and yes it was well (15%) below MSRP. Still curious if anyone has wired fog / driving lights post purchase. It wasn’t an issue for the dealer to add the tow package for me.

DieselRanger

Reaction score
Good advice and yes it was well (15%) below MSRP. Still curious if anyone has wired fog / driving lights post purchase. It wasn’t an issue for the dealer to add the tow package for me.
Lots of people have done aftermarket lights. Check out Lucky 8 for their offerings - they have some "no cut" light mounts. Others have also had success with wireless controllers - here:

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1773.html

To be honest, the factory fog lights aren't that great - especially in snow. They need to be about 30% brighter and a lower / yellower color temperature.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have done aftermarket lights. Check out Lucky 8 for their offerings - they have some "no cut" light mounts. Others have also had success with wireless controllers - here:

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1773.html

To be honest, the factory fog lights aren't that great - especially in snow. They need to be about 30% brighter and a lower / yellower color temperature.

Excellent points. This week I'll be installing the Proud Rhino D5 Rock Sliders that I ordered from Lucky 8.

DieselRanger

Reaction score
Excellent points. This week I'll be installing the Proud Rhino D5 Rock Sliders that I ordered from Lucky 8.
I have some sitting in the garage myself...have to get some minor trail damage fixed on my passenger front door from a rock I flipped, then they go on. Front bash plage on order also!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72