Wiring Options for added Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladric

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Planning on adding some LED fog (Amber) lights to my 2011 LR4 HSE grill.
I would like to have them turn on when I use the factory fog/driving lights switch (button) on the left side of the dash. It has one button for the front and another for the rear.
The front turns on the two small round lights inside the front bumper.
This would allow me to turn on the fogs and stock bumper driving lights without my headlights on.

Up in the North (Minnesota) we do get heavy snow falls in the winter and fog/heavy rain in the spring and fall.

Anyone have guidance on how to connect to the stock lights?
Most options are 10W to 20W.
Don't want to trip a fuse the first time I turn them on.

SoCal_Rob

Reaction score
It would be best to add a wiring harness with a relay that has 5 connections: power from battery (with inline fuse), ground to chassis, output to each new lamp, and a trigger. The trigger could be a tap into the output of the stock switch. This way, the new lights are powered from the battery instead of running through the dash switch which would create loss and reduce power at the lamps. The inline fuse protects everything you added. There are many options for wiring harnesses, but the connectors need to mate with the connectors on your new lamps. Some lamp manufacturers (like PIAA) include wiring harnesses in their lamp kits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV