Air Suspension Ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

CaesarLR3

Anyone else had a ticking noise in the rear suspensions right after driving the LR3? At first I thought it was only at Access Height Level, but it also happens in Normal Height. Can someone help shed some light? Thanks!

D

daytomann

You mean, after you are done driving and you have turned off the vehicle?
Isnt that ticking sound just the sound of the suspension settling? I heard it after our test drive in the LR3....sounds just like my father in law's Navigator suspension after he turns it off. I didnt think it was abnormal.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nomad232

Most likely the sound of metal contracting from cooling down. All cars do that.

A

AZSTALZ

Just went out to get something from my truck and heard it randomly ticking at the rear air suspension canisters and creaking as it appears to sag in the rear end of the truck. Hasn't been driven in four hours so I know it's not related to expansion/contraction due to heat/cold. The truck is parked on a bit of an incline with the rear sitting lower than the front. Would not worry about it, as the suspension re-charges itself after starting the engine. --AZSTALZ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635