Anyone seen Luxor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calisean

Reaction score
Finalizing purchase on a 2014 LR4 Lux, anyone seen Luxor on other models? Considering Lorie Blue but Luxor looks interesting.

Is the Siruis worth 750?
What about vision assist?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finalizing purchase on a 2014 LR4 Lux, anyone seen Luxor on other models? Considering Lorie Blue but Luxor looks interesting.

Is the Siruis worth 750?
What about vision assist?

Good luck with your purchase. Can't help you on the color, but I have to say I love my Sirius Satellite Radio. It's nice not having to always change the station, especially on longer trips. The sound quality is great also.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on color either. From what I understand, Sirius is not something you can add later on. I use it every time I drive and love having it. I had the vision assist on my 2010, but did not get it on my 2013. I suppose it can be handy if you park close to curbs a lot, or if you do a lot of heavy off-roading.

Please share pics of your 2014 when you get it.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Satellite Radio but have never used it. I do stream iTunes radio from my iPhone via bluetooth and it works great!

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Sat radio and vision assist on my 2011 LR4 HSE .
My 2013 HSE lux with HD package , Sat radio does not have vision assist. ( I miss it)
Since I did not have time to custom order my car I had to go with what was available on the dealer's lot.
I don't like Sat radio because of poor quality . FM radio is much better and USB memory stick music is best. You can also stream via blue tooth from your cell phone.
Like someone mentioned before you can not add sat radio later.
$750 on $55,000-60,000 should not be a big deal. I believe that with sat radio you get HD radio which is very nice. So I would say go for it.
As for vision assist it depends what you are looking for.
On HSE ( at least for 2011,2012,2013) it was HID headlight, swiveling lights, high beam assist, and surround cameras.
If you are getting LUX it comes already with HID lights but no cameras, no swiveling lights.
One thing many people don't know is a back up camera on trucks equipped with vision assist. It uses processed image from surround cameras and projects it so you can see exactly where you are turning and where your wheels are going.
This was a big surprise to me when I got my 2013 Lux without vision assist and back up camera was just a regular one. It is crap comparing to back up camera on a truck with vision assist..
I did not use surround cameras much, but back up camera was one on the best features. ( and I have to say that I am one of those guys who always said that back up cameras are not needed)
In my opinion :
If you are getting HSE then get vision assist ( one of the best HID headlights and a superb back up camera),
If you are getting Lux- since it already has HID headlights you may save money on the vision assist package but I would recommend getting it just for back up camera plus you will get swiveling light, high beam assist

One thing for sure I would not buy LR4 without HD package especially if you plan taking a truck off road. Full size spare wheel / tire only is worth the price of HD package.
I could live without Sat radio but not without HID headlights and HD package.
Good luck with your decision.
PS. If you can get Cooper Zeon LTZs instead of crappy continentals do it ( ask the dealer if they can swap the tires on your truck).

calisean

Reaction score
Thanks all for the input, extremely helpful. Even though all MY14 has a rear camera did not realize it was analog vs. what comes with vision assist. Serious considering adding this now especially after watching a video on it. The adaptive, blind spot monitoring and other goodies seem like a good bundle.

As for color think we are going with Lorie Blue. Saw a RRS with that color at the dealer and loved it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635