Cleaning interior window ****...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

...okay, this isn't LR3 specific, but perhaps someone can help.

I tend to get a pretty good buildup of **** on the inside of the windows. This isn't anything you notice until the windows fog up, which they do much more easily with the "****." I think I get it from having the windows open on beach trips and this sea film just kind of builds up, has happened in all my cars.

Any suggestions on wiping it off? I do what I think is a great job cleaning the windows with windex and then I get in the car at night and find that I've only smeared it around.

Hoping someone has a good solution for clearer nightime vision!

Thanks,
-todd

T

threeputt

I've found that there is no single "magic" window cleaner. Different brands are formulated to handle different contaminants. Some are better with smoke, some better with salt residue, and some with the oily film released into the interior of a car by the vinyl and plastic conditioners. The best results I have had with any car is doing them twice on the inside. First with one cleaner, then get a clean towel and do them again with another cleaner. My favorites are Stoner's Invisible Glass in an aerosol can, and then plain old Glass Plus. Stick to the non-ammonia stuff as it's safe on tints.

D

DonA

Try ClearVue by Turtle Wax. It cuts the crud and leaves no streaks. Has a strong alcohol scent.

I've tried, or wasted my money on others if the store was out or didn't carry it and now I won't buy anything unless its ClearVue.

I'm pretty sure ClearVue used to be its own small company then turtle wax bought the product.

pACE2-1253353dt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm in a pinch... I use the back of my hand...

T

toddjb123

threeputt said:
I've found that there is no single "magic" window cleaner. Different brands are formulated to handle different contaminants. Some are better with smoke, some better with salt residue, and some with the oily film released into the interior of a car by the vinyl and plastic conditioners. The best results I have had with any car is doing them twice on the inside. First with one cleaner, then get a clean towel and do them again with another cleaner. My favorites are Stoner's Invisible Glass in an aerosol can, and then plain old Glass Plus. Stick to the non-ammonia stuff as it's safe on tints.

Good info, thanks.

Now that you mention it, it probably is a combination of salt residue and the oily film you described as I have been treating my leather and dash with Mequires leather wipes. It is greasier than usual and reminds me of an old car I had which had a small antifreeze leak that would come out of the defrost vents! (that was a pain to clean off as well)

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best window cleaner is the GM Window Foam that all GM dealers sell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635