Front Windshield replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Austin

Reaction score
I have a new 2011 LR4 and have a rock chip that has cracked my front windshield and need to have this replaced. I'm planning to replace in the Spring, I'm worried it could happen again as I live in the Vail Valley of Colorado. My question, has anyone had to have their windshield replaced (front) and if so did you do it through the dealer or through an windshield repair service? I'm a little concerned because of the heated windshield and want to make sure it is done correct. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a small crack in the windshield., but it was small enough to be fixed instead of replaced. Very happy with the fix. Can't even tell it was there. Didn't want them to replace the windshield.

JDiehl

Reaction score
I would take it to the dealer. That is my plan. I replace front glass about every other year. I haven't done the heated windshield yet. I am curious about the cost also. The semi trucks throw rocks like a pitching machines around here.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
was searching about windshield replacements and saw this. I just got hit by a rock and it started running from top right passenger side. its about 12 inches and curved and it ****** me off just looking at it.

anyone know the cost to replace it? I have a $500 deductible and have no idea of cost to replace the heated windshield. I don't really need the heated one, but if it cost $500 or more then i may as well get it. im guessing its at least $1000 to replace but its only a guess. ??

ill check with dealer tomorrow but wanted to start here since everything is closed on Sundays. also...anyone had luck with repairing it as to where you can barley see the crack?

thank you.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the one in my 2010 two months ago just before I traded it in. $1100 without claiming it to insurance, I asked just for the fun of it. My insurance covers it 100% w/ no deductible. The insurance bill, which I had to sign, was $715, which must include some sort of a discount or fix installation price. That included labor, the windshield and the plastic tabs for the trim which break most of the time when its removed. I will suggest to contact your dealer to see who they recommend. According to my dealer its not an easy windshield to replace and that's why the subcontract the work.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back I hit a deer and had to have the windshield replaced (among many other things). I remember the price being in the $1000 to $1200 range. What's worse, I had to take it back twice afterwards because they couldn't get the seal right and it whistled at 65mph and above. They finally got it. I had it done at my dealer's body shop because I wanted OEM parts, but I do question the quality of their windshield work. I was even more upset when they put 45 miles on my truck so they could "test" it.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last winter, on the way to skiing in Vermont with the outside temp at -5, a little stone chip turned into a huge crack and ran across the windshield. As I expected, my dealer subcontracts their windshield replacements. I asked them who they use and went there. Since this glass shop had experience replacing many Land Rover windshields, everything went fine and they installed an OE Pinkerton windshield.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had numerous replaced, all under insurance claims. I'm guessing 5 windows since 2005 (LR3 and LR4). All were the heated window, and all were done in the parking lot while I worked in the office. All installs were fine. You don't need to do this at a dealer. Window guys do it just fine and install OEM parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM