Help to buy LR3 or RR Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xattica

Reaction score
V8 on the RR is the 5.0L.
LR3 has the airbag light on, although the seller stated has been never hit. He told me about all the things replaced but no proof. LR3 is base with air suspension.

Last edited:

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned both, a 2013 RRS HSE Lux 5.0 NA V8, and a 2006 LR3...but it was a loaded HSE 4.4 300 hp V8. Both great vehicles, but the LR3 was a bit underpowered. I imagine that the old 4.0 L V6 with 216 hp would be even more so. And unless that LR3 is really optioned-up (not sure what all was even available for that ), and with that mileage, it seems to me $8K is too much. Depending on availability in PR, and if over-all utility, a bit of off-roading, and third row seats are important to you, you might want to look for a V8 LR3 or an LR4? Subject to your budget of course.

Last edited:

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad - they are plentiful in the States. Cheap too.

What would the import difficulty/expense like for PR?
Not saying its's a great option, but could be if the hurdles are not too high.

Xattica

Reaction score
Can be imported, but over the shipping cost (around $1k), tax need to be paid.

So far all LR4 here are over $14k

The last LR3 deal is $7k and $10k for the RR Sport.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the LR3- I've got 240K on mine. The V8 is awesome and has fewer big issues that the V6

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72