Lights package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 Hella 4000 Rallye Compacts up on my Rack, they are definitely a "spot" light and not a flood light, but between the Factory HIDs that came on my HSE and the four on the roof, its more light than you could ever need (IMO)...

_DWA5487.jpg

Now check out this Progression of added light:

Low Beams:

_DWA5240.jpg

Low + High Beams:

_DWA5242.jpg

Low + High Beams + The Four Hellas on the Roof:

_DWA5244.jpg

(The Stuff on the windshield is sleet btw)

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof mounted lights can also light up the hood (bonnet). Some complain that this kills their nightvision. KC makes extended guards, or others paint/decal their hood flat black.

shield.gif

lr303.jpg

I actually like this look alot for my white LR. I just might put lights up top to justify it ;-)

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof mounted lights can also light up the hood (bonnet). Some complain that this kills their nightvision. KC makes extended guards, or others paint/decal their hood flat black.

shield.gif

I may have to go that route, I hope they fit my lights, they do light up the hood quite a bit

Where'd you find those extended guards?

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 came with the factory aux lighting mounted to the push bar...

The aux lights were already wired to only activate if the headlights are on high-beam... And with the HID's on high, you really cannot even tell the aux lights are on. They do put a little more light on the road, but definitely not as dramatic as CPR's 4 Hella's on the roof.

I find that when I'm on a trail at night though, the HID's + fogs put more than enough light on the ground.

Unless you're doing high-speed desert racing, how far do you need to see when wheeling at night?

On the trail rig, we run rock lights, which I find to be the most helpful for lighting up the rocks and picking lines.

rvrlvr

Reaction score
purchased the hella's! Getting help installing them today. thanks for your help JM! am online looking at some of the pictures people have posted with their lights. Panzerknacer look is what I'm hoping for! She is getting ready for her first off road outing tomorrow morning! and finally, I will have my own show off pics to post!

rvrlvr

Reaction score
sometimes hit Sedona, AZ and Borreggo Springs at night and climb the dunes. Mostly though, off road, slow moving trails, camp out, do some riding at night as well as day, head back. I wanted the light package to look good as well, and so far, I like what I'm putting on her from the roof to the grill. I am by all means not as technical as most on this site, but am continuing to learn a lot. Thanks for the information!

rvrlvr

Reaction score
Ok, so this is great information! the progression of light useage is very helpful, and low+high+hella's (last pic) is what I'm looking for in lighting. Grill lights just for looks then! :) And... love the picture of LR in the snow with the lights on! That should be on the cover of a magazine!

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is great information! the progression of light useage is very helpful, and low+high+hella's (last pic) is what I'm looking for in lighting. Grill lights just for looks then! :) And... love the picture of LR in the snow with the lights on! That should be on the cover of a magazine!

And actually the last one is a type-o, there is no high beams in that one! They put out an immense amount of light, even without the high beams.

Once on there is more light than you could ever need :biggrin:

And thx I love that picture, it really turned out great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge