Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Version

Well i see things get a bit personal in here. Everyone has a right to their own post of their experience. It would be unfair if one person thought his LR4 speaks for the thousands that were built and to be honest with you i don't believe your story of driving 20K miles in a LR4 and have brake pads with minimum wear and tear. Now that's the BS!

I have 25K on my LR4. I have changed both sets of brake pads twice (12,100) so far. I am a everyday driver and if you think i drive my vehicle in a whip lash state like a yo yo, you are out of your mind. I don't believe any us consistently do that. The vehicle is a luxury cruiser at heart and you do adapt to that mantra. The vehicle is heavy, brake pad design needs to be looked at and the brake pads DO wear out at an accelerated pace.

Last edited:

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 25K on my LR4. I have changed both sets of brake pads twice (12,100) so far.
Lexman34 - was there a brake warning light that came on in your LR4 prior to you replacing the brake pads? I'm right at about 12k miles currently. I just had my 1 year service about a month ago with about 11k miles at the time and the dealer said everything looked good, including the brake pads.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...nice lil warning came on that said "Brake Pad Worn" or something like that. Pretty accurate as well as the first time i waited about a week before deciding to replace it and was very close to the rotor and the 2nd time i did it within 48hrs with room to spare on the pad. WARNING...i would not drive more than 5 days after seeing the warning or risk rotor damage. I am making sure i take it right in within 48hrs of seeing the warning signal everytime going forward.

I am thinking the average is going to be around 14k for all of us when it comes to brake pad replacement.

carguy 67

Reaction score
Just a quick 2 cents here fellas...I brought my LR4 in for the brake squeal. They said that they replaced the rear pads and caliper clips and sent me on my way. Well it took about 24hrs before i noticed that they fixed nothing, so i decided i was going to have a look myself. I figured while I had the car in the air I would rotate the tires as well. BAD IDEA on my part, I took a look under the car on rear driver side, saw what clearly looks like a jack point and started to lift my car. Took about 3 pumps and I heard a sickening snapping sound. It was the sound of the Air compressor bracket for the suspension breaking under the weight of the car. I am hoping thats all that broke but knowing my luck it will be a very costly error. I am mad, not only at the dealer, for not fixing this problem correctly the first time, but at myself for not paying better attention. so let my idiotic action be a lesson to all of you....DO NOT JACK UP YOUR CAR WITH OUT MAKING SURE YOU ARE ON THE FRAME! my dealership will now be very happy.....and Land Rover NA if you monitor this type of site, I have seen this on many blogs, and it a seems to be a ongoing occurence, so move the compressor to a spot that this is less likely to happen, unless of course you are making a killing selling the spare parts to fix it...

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 16000 on my lr4 2011.Brakes have more than 50 percent left.
Not impressed with 11 lr4, trading for 12 with great voice,navigation and Bluetooth .When Diesel arrives in 13' I am trading again.These vehicles are two year wonders

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 16000 on my lr4 2011.Brakes have more than 50 percent left.
Not impressed with 11 lr4, trading for 12 with great voice,navigation and Bluetooth .When Diesel arrives in 13' I am trading again.These vehicles are two year wonders
Hi guss,

Is diesel confirmed for 2013?

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be able to buy another one by then, but I won't buy another one if it isn't an oil burner. Petrol is way to expensive for this truck.

Rob

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK you so much for this critical info! One of my fears of this truck is to get a flat...especially at night and have to jack it up around that compressor underneath. This is not good news to read and i am sorry for your mishap but you may have saved me/us hundreds if not over a thousand +$$. Can you let us know what was the final cost? The brakes are not as good as they should be and the dealer told me some story how they are aware of it and in the market of making a better pad. Yeah RIGHT!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guss,

Is diesel confirmed for 2013?

-David

What is the gas mileage on diesel?
When I looked at BMW X5 numbers, it was the same as their V8. From dynamics perspective I like gasoline engines better. So just wondering what is so good about diesel? Seriously?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo