MY ANSWER: Buying A Used LR3 (V6 or V8?, Which Options?, Cautions?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get asked a lot of questions from prospective LR3 owners about the sanity of buying a used LR3. I've archived my answer to this frequent question on my blog: http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=78

If you guys have more comments, cautions, etc...to add, post them here and I will update my "Standard Answer #34" accordingly.

Cheers,

NW

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great write-up. I didn't know about the bushings and knocking when I bought my used '05, but one I drove had it and one didn't, so you know which one I picked. Glad to know I dodged a bullet.

This thread is worth a sticky, IMHO.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up - especially as I near my purchase for an '06 SE7 or HSE7; I do have one quick question; there's a line in the write-up that mentions "better" seats in the HSE trim - what exactly is the difference - I've driven both (V8 2007s), but honestly don't remember the seat difference?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2006, the driver seat was 8-way on HSE instead of 6-way. The lack of 'front tilt' on 6-way is bothersome to some.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72