New to us.... 1999 D2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999LRD2SALTY

Reaction score
Hello!

We purchased a 1999 LR Discovery 2 this week as a second vehicle. We had been searching on craigslist and had seen our share of "well cared for" vehicles until we found our D2. There had been a lot of repair work done before we purchased and I am hoping it took care of the major issues this vehicle was set to have. Repairs include replacement of the radiator, sensors, stereo, rebuilt motor just to name a few. We have noticed that our D2 leans slightly to the right and from looking underneath, it appears as if the air springs have been replaced with actual springs - which may explain the consistent SLS indicator being lit, and the lack of movement when attempting to raise the back end with the remote. Overall, I am in love with our D2 and don't mind it being an older vehicle. The previous owners cut the back seatbelts as it was a work vehicle and the seats were down about 80% of the time. We are headed to a salvage yard to yank a set of rear seat belts tomorrow and install ourselves. Next on the list would be a new rear view mirror as it seems 1/2 of the mirror is stuck to dim all the time. I hope we made the right decision in purchasing out D2. I am not afraid to research the problem, and have done a lot of reading from a maintenance manual I found on this site. Can't wait to try our D2 out on the beach next summer!:hello:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635