Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

backpain

Totaled my A4 Ultrasport last week and considering that Rover finally put a real engine in a vehicle decided on the LR3 (long time fan of Rover). Had actually got on the HSE list before Christmas but decided on the Silver SE with some accessory goodies and a trip across the street to an audio/securty custom shop (that works with the dealer) for DVD/MP3 entertainment system, Angeltrax GPS, XM radio, Parrot Bluetooth and a Focal speaker upgrades.

Other than the Ritalin-kid in mom's Toureg putting a sizeable door ding in my left side pass door I'm pretty happy. My only complaints are the seats, for 50k not having fully adjustable seats is pitiful. My only problem so far is that my FM/AM bands sound like there is no antenna but the dealer says that this has been a common problem and is covered by the warranty.

Audi can sure set a car up, I loved my A4, but the LR3 is well done. Feels like my old Wrangler hooked up with Lexus LS430 and had a son. A buddy of mine bought an '05 GX470 and other than memory seats (again, not on a 50k vehicle!!?? HSE or not, come on!) and real bluetooth I certainly prefer the utilitarian feel of the LR3. The GX is a bore to drive.

The Parrot Bluetooth works great with my Blackberry 7520 but I may move it to my fiancee's Disco when/if Rover get's the integrated option out (I'm like caller ID on the radio or NAV screen). But for $400 bucks it's a great setup.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new LR3. My wife and I took delivery on our Black/Black SE LR3 tonight. My wife drove it home from the dealership and so far she likes it. I only had a chance to drive the LR3 around the block to test the Homelink system(garage opener and front gate opener), it's smoothe hehe. My only question so far is, so there is only one aux plug for an MP3 player(center console between front seats?) I did not see any other one, there is a big aux plug in the front center console next to the ashtray, but I did not see a MP3 plug. Maybe I need to look again?

Well, i'll keep everyone posted on how the LR3 performs.

Tommy

Q

quietcoolone

Tommy, congratulations on your new ride. I'm sure you will get a chance to drive it more often :)
My HSE has only 1 auxiliary input located behind the center console--- as for the center dash-- there is a power port an ashtray a cigarette port-- you will have to plug in your auxiliary source to the jack located on the rear end of the center console.

Z

zekor

So what happened to the antenna?

Hi BackPain,

How did you resolve your antenna problem. I also own a LR3 (or we call it Discovery in UK) and am suffering from am/fm not able to receive all local radion station.

Did your local dealer replace the antenna or the stereo?

Thanks in advance.

B

backpain

The original problem was a factory screw that pierced the antenna wire subsequently shorting the signal. The dealer fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9