Satellite Radio Category Browsing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yetdog

Reaction score
Any satrad receiver I've ever used - whether standalone or factory integrated - always had the ability to browse channels. But even after reading the manual, I can't seem to get it figured out in the 2011 LR4. When I select CAT, and then a category (Rock, for example), it just goes to the first channel in that category. It doesn't seem that I can browse the category and select the channel I want, and if I want to go to a specific channel, I have to manually enter its number in the direct channel entry area. The only place I see a listing of channels is where you can block certain ones from playing.

This seems backwards and not great for safety, either. Has anyone experienced this, or found a way around it?

DeathByCactus

Reaction score
I was able to browse channels using the seek buttons on the dashboard but not the ones on the steering wheel.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
the only way to go to the next station in the category is with the left/right arrows under the right "mode" knob. these arrows also allow you to scroll up & down through all the sat channels when you have "all categories" selected.

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
On the LR4, I think the search for category stations are the arrows on either side of the clock..On the RRHSE the arrows are under the Mode knob.

Team Daly

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, thanks. Does anyone know how to preset the channels on Sirius? On my old XM radio I could preset the buttons to my favorite stations. I see some blank buttons on my screen but cant figure out how to assign a channel to it.....

AwlBidnz

Reaction score
My "virtual buttons" memorize channels just like the old push buttons did. Just keep the touch on the button until it memorizes the station.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM