Tire Fixed and Used as Spare!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My tire issue (see my other thread about washing after service) ended up being a positive thing. The screw in my tire was from some contracting work on property and they paid for the ~$498.00 for the new tire. I took the tire to an excellent and highly rated private Land Rover / Jaguar garage here in the SF Bay area and they patched the tire, mounted it on a Land Rover rim I bought on eBay, and then stowed it away where my donut spare was for $30.00. I'll keep the donut spare in my shed, but it's cool having a full-sized spare tire. They had no problem stowing it away, but said in order to feed it back up, they had to actually lay the tire on the ground (whatever that means).

Now that I have a full-sized spare stowed away, a donut spare, portable air compressor in my bins in the back, a tool box, and a tire repair kit, I'm ready for the next flat! :) HAHA!

Regards, David

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My tire issue (see my other thread about washing after service) ended up being a positive thing. The screw in my tire was from some contracting work on property and they paid for the ~$498.00 for the new tire. I took the tire to an excellent and highly rated private Land Rover / Jaguar garage here in the SF Bay area and they patched the tire, mounted it on a Land Rover rim I bought on eBay, and then stowed it away where my donut spare was for $30.00. I'll keep the donut spare in my shed, but it's cool having a full-sized spare tire. They had no problem stowing it away, but said in order to feed it back up, they had to actually lay the tire on the ground (whatever that means).

Now that I have a full-sized spare stowed away, a donut spare, portable air compressor in my bins in the back, a tool box, and a tire repair kit, I'm ready for the next flat! :) HAHA!

Regards, David

That's awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635