Voyager Rack For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comments

First off, let me say that Andy and the guys over at Voyager are fantastic to work with and really deliver a quality product. I really like that he has a small shop and that production is affected by how long you keep the owner on the phone. I just can't say enough about them and recommend them without hesitation.

I love the sliders with the steps. They don't protrude too far and I think they really add to the look of the vehicle. With these, you get the protection of the slider with the convenience of the step. A few months ago my 79 year old mother climbed in without any problem. I don't think she would have without the step.

The roof rack came in well packaged and was very easy to install. I know that Andy offers a fairing, but I honestly forgot to ask about it and really wish he had a better website showing options and such for idiots like me. I installed the rack in about an hour and took off down the road. The noise was truly unreal and I returned home perplexed and looking for a way to quiet it down. After researching this quite a bit, I learned that a fairing is a must for a roof rack, who knew? Rather than going back to Voyager, I ordered a Thule fairing from Amazon, when it arrived, I slapped it on and the rack went almost silent. I won't say you can't here it, but after a couple of days of driving, you won't notice it and will have to actively listen for it. Like I said earlier, its very well built and has four light tabs on the front and one on the rear. Funny thing is, the four on the front will be blocked by the fairing. I installed a small LED work light on the rear tab and wired it in to a switch in front of the driver's seat. I love using it when camping or such.

The reason that I'm selling it is just simply access and need. I travel a lot and go to the airport at least once per week. With 32" tires, Johnson rods, and the rack, I was pushing 6'8" and could not get into the airport garage. Now I know there are a lot of options here, but I made the decision to sell the rack and move on. My original plan was to carry my kayaks on the rack, but once I added the carriers, it would be even higher. Now, I mount the kayaks on a utility trailer and roll whenever I want. I thought about removing the rack and only putting it on when I need it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't ever happen. I love the look of it and the ability of throwing luggage and trunks up there, but I'll cut my losses and use the money for a new winch.

That's about as honest a recount that I can come up with. The rack just didn't suit my needs. Hopefully its exactly what one of you are looking for. Yes, the LR4 hobby is expensive and I could use the funds for my next score of LR4 Crack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90