2014/15 headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible to fit those on a 2013? Really dig the new look

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not do this especially if you have HID headlights. I remember someone discussed the difference between 2014+ and 2010-2013 models. I do not remember the details but 2010-2013 HID had extra "bulb" which gives them an advantage over 2014+. If in doubt ask UmbertoB. His knowledge is priceless. We are very lucky to have him on this forum.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, besides the fact that the headlamps control module would likely need to be replaced as well (I imagine ours is not compatible considering the signature LEDs of the 2014+ models are on constantly) and the whole thing would likely get incredibly expensive even if feasible, the 2014s also seem to lack the halogen "fill-in" bulbs that fire up on HID equipped 2010-13s, along with the bi-xenons, when you select the high beams.

I am sure the 2014s are every bit as good, and those always-on LEDs do look sharp and modern, but I have never driven a vehicle with headlights as good as my 2013 before, so if it ain't broke... I also don't much care for the front LEDs of 2014+ temporarily shutting off on either side when you engage the turn signal. All new Land Rovers do that, I understand the reason behind it (makes the blinker more visible to oncoming traffic) but looks kinda funny and "wrong" to me. I think it would look less weird if both sides shut down when the turn signals are operating.

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.

Has anyone done this? A set of 2014+ headlamp assemblies popped up for sale locally for dirt cheap. Thought about buying them just to keep in storage for a day when my headlights start getting cloudy.

My existing headlamps are not HID, and I do not believe the ones for sale are, either.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some looking on disco3.co.uk and it appears the shape of the headlights is different, so using 2014+ headlight housings on earlier model LR4s would also require swapping to a new grille and bumper.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic148313.html?highlight=2014+headlights

So, if anyone needs a pair of 2014+ halogen headlight housings, there are some for sale in Wichita, Kansas for $100.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72