LR4 Landmark wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4LANDMARK

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about over and over on this forum. But still cannot find a concrete answer.

For a 2016 Discovery LR4 Landmark.

If I wanted to get 18" COMPOMOTIVE wheels with off road aggresive tires.
And wanted to keep stock height no rods.

What tire size would you reccomend?

Throw out tire sizes please.

Thank you!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get (because I just did, like 2 hours ago) 265/60R18 BFG KO2. I put them on plastidipped black LR3 rims with 1.25" spacers. And they look, and should perform, sweeeeet.
I spent a lot of time debating about the 265/65R18 size, but decided that the 1" bigger size just filled up the wheel well too much for my liking. Also I didn't want to deal with airing down the spare, or getting the rear bumper mount to hold it. I also debated about getting the compomotives but I already had the set of rims, so it only cost me $200 for the spacers and $20 for the Plastidip.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammit, why are my pictures always sideways? Trying again. OK here we go, pictures > words.
wu1n5j.jpg
296f8lx.jpg

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love how that looks! Any reason for going with the spacers? besides to simply poke out the wheels more?

18" LR3 wheels do not fit over the larger LR4 brakes, hence the spacers. Compomotives are built to fit perfectly on the LR4 over the brakes with no spacers needed.

For the Compos, the largest you can go without modification is 265/65/18 or 285/60/18. Both are near identical diameter, one is wider footprint than the other. (wider better for sand, narrow is better for snow, etc)

With either of those sizes, you will have to air down the spare to fit under the truck. It's a tight squeeze. If you do not want to deal with that, the 265/60/18 will fit just fine.

LR4LANDMARK

Reaction score
18" LR3 wheels do not fit over the larger LR4 brakes, hence the spacers. Compomotives are built to fit perfectly on the LR4 over the brakes with no spacers needed.

For the Compos, the largest you can go without modification is 265/65/18 or 285/60/18. Both are near identical diameter, one is wider footprint than the other. (wider better for sand, narrow is better for snow, etc)

With either of those sizes, you will have to air down the spare to fit under the truck. It's a tight squeeze. If you do not want to deal with that, the 265/60/18 will fit just fine.

Perfect!

So my next question is "roverman" the guy that responded to this thread used "spacers" with his 265 set up.. how do you feel about spacers? what does everyone think about spacers and running them on a vehicle that might be used off road?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has their opinion on it. I did do quite a bit of research and didn't find any negatives or problems with them on the LR. A few people here have them and can hopefully chime in. And the guys at expedition portal have them, and I give them credit for knowing what they are doing.

I don't do any rock crawling or anything (none in MI), just trails and mud holes and whatever I can find. I've only had them on since this winter, when I ran 18" Nokian snow tires, so no rough duty there. I got Bora, the alternative and more popular is Terrafirma. I guess I'll just take it as it comes if something happens. And I'll definitely slap the 19"s back on if (when) the control arm bushings go or whatever to make sure there's no warranty problems.

20 miles in and I can say the ride is about the same, maybe a little better over bumps, the noise is greater, the car feels a little slower, and my pressure monitors haven't been 'discovered' yet. All to be expected I guess.

and the plasti-dipped air intakes look great with the black wheels! I guess the grill is next :)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seconding the 265/60R18 BFG KO2s. I've had mine since early March when I put them on for a trip to Moab and Sedona. They are working out great. Even used them to cross a snow creek with ice banks soon after I put them on.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 180

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.. And I'll definitely slap the 19"s back on if (when) the control arm bushings go or whatever to make sure there's no warranty problems...

My local dealer said the bushings are wear and tear and not covered under warranty. Just FYI.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surfrider77, I think that varies from dealer to dealer. I had them replaced under extended warranty on my LR3, and my dealer barely warranties anything. Although maybe by now they have grown tired of replacing them and won't cover them anymore, it's been a while.