LUX or HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. But looking for a 2012/2013 CPO model. That's one does look good though.

Fair enough. I would recommend the Richmond guys. Did a LR Club event with them and they were all very nice and knowledgeable people. All of them were LR to the bone and would be willing to find you what you are looking for.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the leather on the LUX edition really soft? Any issues with it wearing out easily? My RRS leather seems to be ruff but I like how it can keep up with daily beating with dogs, kid and stuff placed on top of it without scratching easily.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the leather on the LUX edition really soft? Any issues with it wearing out easily? My RRS leather seems to be ruff but I like how it can keep up with daily beating with dogs, kid and stuff placed on top of it without scratching easily.

LUX leather is softer but I didn't have issues in the short time I had mine. Dog didn't seem to scratch it nearly as easily as in my JGC I currently have. Granted the leather in the JGC is much softer than what the LR had.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2013 LUX wo HD, I wanted HD but the opportunity was there to get a really good 2013. If you find that you actually out drive the car then at some point in the future there will be an ARB locker for these (the prototype is on the Overland Journal rig, not sure what happened to the actual release of the product tho). Also I regularly wheel w people in LR 3's and 4's wo the locker and they do just fine. Even seem to tackle things easier than my CT110 w center diff lock and diesel torque. The computers are amazing. Just my .02 cents.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LUX leather is softer but I didn't have issues in the short time I had mine. Dog didn't seem to scratch it nearly as easily as in my JGC I currently have. Granted the leather in the JGC is much softer than what the LR had.

Ah! That's the secret. Let the dogs tear up your JGC leather so badly that your wife let's you come back to LR! ;-)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah! That's the secret. Let the dogs tear up your JGC leather so badly that your wife let's you come back to LR! ;-)

Haha, trust me, I continue to try but it is to the point that every LR4 we pass her comment is "I really liked that vehicle and it is so beautiful but it was such a POS!"

Not sure we will own another LR product in the near future.....

Boy do I miss it though. Something about that green oval puts a smile on your face every time you get in it.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, trust me, I continue to try but it is to the point that every LR4 we pass her comment is "I really liked that vehicle and it is so beautiful but it was such a POS!"

OK. I agree with your wife. The one you had was a POS. You definitely had a lemon and questionable support from your dealer. Maybe a used one would be a safer way to go - where someone else has tested it out.

But I know. It takes time to put those sorts of experiences behind you.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't ARB come out with lockers for the LR4, front and rear? If so, I say go LUX and modify in the future. The leather and seat memory are my only regrets on ordering my HSE.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't ARB come out with lockers for the LR4, front and rear? If so, I say go LUX and modify in the future. The leather and seat memory are my only regrets on ordering my HSE.

I thought they did but then read something about the front wasn't working? Might have been on the Overland Journal's LR4?

EDIT: Looking at ARB USA's website they don't seem to show lockers for either the LR3 or LR4. Not sure what is going on with the status of those lockers.

EDIT #2: If you simply Google ARB Air Locker LR3 or LR4 it seems like they do show up as options on the ARB site where if you plug in Land Rover, LR3, Year they don't come up. Just a breather hose assembly comes up. Odd.

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they did but then read something about the front wasn't working? Might have been on the Overland Journal's LR4?

EDIT: Looking at ARB USA's website they don't seem to show lockers for either the LR3 or LR4. Not sure what is going on with the status of those lockers.

EDIT #2: If you simply Google ARB Air Locker LR3 or LR4 it seems like they do show up as options on the ARB site where if you plug in Land Rover, LR3, Year they don't come up. Just a breather hose assembly comes up. Odd.

Maybe they are still working the kinks out of their go-to-market with them. Does seem awfully odd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72