Wet Okole LR3 Seat Cover Review...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my new Wet Okole seat covers so figured I'd give you my first impressions. This is pre-use as I have only driven to work in them thus far and the pictures are just after they were installed. So, I still have some wrinkles and a couple baggy areas to work out. (i.e. preliminary review)

Before I get started, here's how they look;
DSC_5663-vi.jpg

The ordering process from Wet Okole went very well. I was going to web order, but had a question and ended up calling them. Even though I knew my color choices (Full Piping covers in Mocha, Piping in Tan) they insisted on sending me all of the brown and gray swatches to make sure. I'm glad they did. I didn't change my mind, but it made me confident that I made the right color choices as they looked quite different than they did on my computer monitor. Once I called them and confirmed the color choice the covers were made and shipped quickly. All in all, Wet Okole seemed concerned about making the best covers to fit my vehicle and color choices.

The quality of the covers seems very high. When installing them you have to do a good bit of pulling on some of the ends, seams or openings and they are solid. All the areas you are liable to stretch are well reinforced and the covers ended up looking as good as I expected once installed. I still haven't gotten my headrest covers to fit perfect and my armrest cover is almost where I want it, but the seats really look nice.

The install was a *****. Maybe it was only because I was expecting more of an easy on / easy off cover. They say that the covers will look factory installed once you put them on, and they do. And covers that looked factory installed took me about 2.5 hours to get on. If you don't have the time to spare, I'd just take them to an upholostery shop and have someone else do it while you have lunch. It isn't hard, it was just a pain to get the lower seat portion of the cover installed. You have to take off the side plastic...

DSC_5650-vi.jpg

...as the cover has one strap that goes under the sides and two straps that go front to back. Here is the lower portion installed. It is a little tricky as you have to route the 3 straps under your seat, watching out for all the stereo and seat control wires. You also have to make sure the straps are not around any piece that moves when the seats raise and lower. Anyway, a Torx 20 screw driver will get the plastic side molding off for you and then you just need patience and small hands.

When you order the covers there are several options, one of which is back pockets. The back pockets only come in black. I got them on both seats as I was heavily dependent on the factory pockets in the back of the leather;

DSC_5665-vi.jpg

The pockets work fine, although I wish they were bigger. They won't hold a road atlas, but will fit several magazines without an issue.

DSC_5661-vi.jpg

I'm headed to the beach Labor Day week...it is frequent beach and water sports trips like this that had me wanting the Wet Okole covers. It will be nice to get in the truck sandy & wet and not worry about it! While I think I'll really enjoy the covers on vacation, I was not aware they took so long to install. I was kind of hoping for covers that would be easier to take on/off to support trips, but then I could enjoy the leather in between.

So, I love the look of them, I think I'll like the function, but I'll probably sell them after this trip as I miss my leather. So, if you have a tan interior and do some regular 4 wheeling or water sports, drop me a PM if you're interested in a very lightly used set of covers. ;)

-todd

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really impressed with the performance of these covers at the beach last week. It was so nice to get in and out of the truck sandy or wet and not worry about getting a towel or filling up the little leather holes with sand. Just plopped in comfortable and the seats dried very quick.

My wife liked that the seats were never hot and sticky after being parked in the sun.

Still on the fence on if I want to keep them for the occasional beach trips....

Anyway, I'm still impressed with the quality and they do fit nice.

pt109

Reaction score
Wet Okole

Just installed wet okole's on the passenger side seat and want to share a pic.

Attachments

• Oct_2009_Rover 007 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    Oct_2009_Rover 007 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 180

lr3some

Reaction score
Wow, I'm really impressed with the quality of these. i only knew about the landrover OEM seat covers (which I always thought we expensive and of marginal fit quality)

PT109, could you provide the specs you had your covers made to? I'm assuming the cloth is black on black, but what piping color did you choose?

pt109

Reaction score
I choose Black (color number 12) for the seat color and Light Grey (color number 21) for the piping. I think they make the covers for the middle seats, but not the third row - You can verify with Nohemi at Wet Okole - She was very helpful and answered all my questions.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, they send you samples before your order is finalized. So, if you are between a few colors, get multiple samples sent to you to confirm.

I've had mine on since the original post and have been happy with them. The only wear part, to note, is that the piping on the edge of the driver's seat is starting to wear from me sliding in and out. Passenger seat still looks new.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look really sharp. The only covers I had previously seen from Wet Okole had huge hibiscus type flowers on them. Not was I was looking for...

Quickly looking at their website though doesnt show the LR3 as a vehicle choice. Did you order Discovery seat covers? Being they fit so well, I wasnt sure if the Disco and LR3 had identical seats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9