01' Discovery Mechanical Questions (noises?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

leifwilson

Will they also replace the U-joints if i request, under the warranty of course.

D

discomike

Not less they are failing and they can confirm it. I would tell them of your concern, have them write up a work order and then go replace them yourself, cause they will fail. I had mine replaced under 36,000 and they were already dust. If your are found to be bad them take the old ones back to your dealer and demand to be reinbursed.
Mike J.

L

leifwilson

Thank you very much for all your input, has been a great help! Any online parts stores for Land Rovers that you can suggest? I need wipers and bulbs as well as wanting to purchase the Lucas and the B & G 44k.

D

discomike

www.atlanticbritish.com
is the palce to go or call them and have them send out one of their great catalogs at 1-800-533-2210
As for the Lucas products, most of the larger auto parts stores like Kragan stock some of their products. B&G 44K is usually only found at upscale auto dealers parts dept. Another product that works really well for Rovers is called SeaFoam and can be found at any Napa auto parts stores.
Take care,
Mike J.

D

discoII

leifwilson said:
Thank you very much for all your input, has been a great help! Any online parts stores for Land Rovers that you can suggest? I need wipers and bulbs as well as wanting to purchase the Lucas and the B & G 44k.

to find bg products go to

www.bgfindashop.com

L

leifwilson

So i drove it today and besides the usual noise from the Damn ACE pump, i noticed a high pitch whine. Could this also be caused by the ACE Pump? It is more pronounced while accelerating above 1200 rpm, when my foot is off of gas it definitely becomes less pronounced but i believe it is still there. Could this be Water pump or Idler pulleys. Have appointment next monday and will have them check all that stuff as well.

L

leifwilson

I spoke to a mechanic at a local non-dealership Land Rover shop and he told me that D2's with ACE pump are normally loud. Is it possible to remove the ACE pump from my current setup? What are the cons to doing this?

D

discomike

You really can't, It would be like running without sway bars. Plus you would be fullish to get rid of it, Ihave more friend with Disco without ACE and they can't keep up with me off or on the road when it comes to running the curves.
Have the dealer check it and then, as I mentioned before I will walk you thru servicing it and I bet you will be surprised. I have ACE and I have no pump noise.
Mike J.

L

leifwilson

Okay, so i just got it back from the dealership and they replaced the ACE pump completely. The noise level is about the same but at least it is done. So what are the steps to get this thing to be less noisy?

L

leifwilson

So i just got the Discovery back and they replaced the ACE pump altogether, what is next to make it quiet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM