04 Freelander Tranny Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elixer1669

Reaction score
For starters im an Audi and Ford person and im researching this for my sister. So have little land rover knowledge. My sister has an 04 free lander and it has already had a complete engine swap and has just under 60k on it a few months ago. From what she claimed is the car basically stopped moving on her while driving. After getting the car home and running codes, it came up with the following and correct me if im wrong on my quick Google search of the meanings : 1775(gearbox fault) , 1472(purge valve blocked), and 1748(transmitter controller unit self check) i have done some basic searches and readings into this issue since its a known and frequent issue with these SUVs, but was hoping to get a little more info on i

From what i have read is that it is most likely a solenoid issue and that LR wants to replace the entire part instead of fixing it which they quoted at $2500. I myself and her boyfriend are rather mechanically capable of fixing this issue, but I'm trying to $2500. I myself and her boyfriend are rather mechanically capable of fixing this issue, but I'm trying to learn as i go on whats going wrong or how to diagnose this and if it is worth hunting down this solenoid pack from what i have read can be found from 500-800 dollars or pay a shop/dealer to deal with it ? Also are than any reliable places online to get parts for LR vehicles ? Are the above codes all part of the same problem ? or what is the best angle to approach this issue at ? Also if there is any additional info needed to help with this issue let me know and ill get all information ASAP. same problem ? or what is the best angle to approach this issue at ? Also if there is any other information you need to help diagnose this, let me know.

Thanks,

Brad

dave0mary

Reaction score
Thelma and Louise it

Drive it off a cliff if you know what's good for you. (Get out at the last moment, if you like living). I'm serious dude; this car will hound you and then some. It is pure junk. The only thing I DID NOT have trouble with my '04 was the tires! And that is inside of 14 months! Rebuilt trans TWICE. Drive it to a dealer and when they give you the first offer, say "YES!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635