'05 LR3 noise when turning right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tirewall

Reaction score
I have an '05 LR3 with 200K on the clock. Just started making a slight groaning noise when going 55-60 mph or better and vehicle is turning right. I assumed it was the front bearings. Replaced them both but still hear the noise. It is noticeable at turn-in but does not worsen as you turn more. Front tires are new. Any suggestions on what this might be?

km7648

Reaction score
Does the groaning change pitch or loudness when you apply the brakes? Possibly rust or a ridge on the rotor that makes contact with a few thousandths of flex.

Tirewall

Reaction score
Problem solved

After 2 visits to local shops, I brought my lr3 to my trusted indy LR Tech. He diagnosed my problem as a bad rear diff. Says $3000 in parts plus labor.

I was convinced to show the truck to my father-in-law's local mechanic. He determined it was my tie rods! That was last Summer and all is still fine with the diff.

My indy LR Tech apologized....he promised to refund $100 of the $300 diagnostic fee.....still waiting on the check.

Tirewall

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200k MILES or KM?

What sort of service has been done on your diff thus far? Oil at least?...a few times?

Also, turning at 60 MPH? I assume you mean gentle curves....I hope.

...not sure how either of those items (tie rods or diffs) make sense for your symptoms but glad it's solved.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get in touch with me if you want to save some money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99