19" Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am at the point of getting rid of my crappy Wrangler HP's and going with a different set of tires. I have read many past threads on this issue, and I hate to bring it up again. However, has anyone recently tried any other 255/55/19 tires that they actually recommend? Obviously, the best case would be to get a set of Wrangler MTR's, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Pirelli Scorpion Zero or Michelin Synchrone? I know they aren't as aggressive, but as much as I hate it I don't have time to go offroading much anymore, so it doesn't really matter. I just want something that drives well and will hold more than 15K miles. Thanks for the help.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin Synchrone. . .had them for 6,000 miles with zero problems. They're so much quieter than the Goodyear. You'll notice the difference right away. Regarding off-roading: I'm in and out of muck all day long for work and I've never even come close to getting stuck. It's obviously a street tire, but it works for me.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen the Synchones in action. seem to be a pretty good tire. Consider also the Revo's from....I forget, Bridgestone maybe?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cbboard said:
Obviously, the best case would be to get a set of Wrangler MTR's, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon.
It could happen, I spoke w/ my importer this week on getting some MTR's in for a client. Not cheap, $431 per each to door.
I've been told that the Pirelli's are soft, but we have had great success w/ the Synchrone as an all-around good tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

snwbrdn

Don't know what clime you live in, but just yesteray I put on the Pirelli Scorpion ICE and SNOW tires for Colorado Driving in the winter. I couldn't wait for the MTR's any longer. Hopefully by next spring/summer. So far the tires ride great. I can tell the steering wheel turns easier with the winter tires since the rubber compound is softer.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Texas, so snow is usually not much of an issue. That being said, I am leaning towards the Michelin Synchrones. I am just having a hard time dropping this much money on tires that I am a bit unsure of. Things were a lot easier when I could just go get a nice set of BFG AT and put on my old tahoe, but I love my LR3 so much more, except for the frequent visits to the LR dealer. Thanks for the help!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a pretty wide disparity between the MTR's and the Synchrones. Do you want a street tire, an A/T, or an M/T?

For a true A/T, I heartily reccommend the Nitto Tera Grapplers....oh wait, you said 19"...well, like I said, check out the Revo's. They have a fantastic reputation, and I've driven a Tundra that had them and they were great, and lasted 60k miles

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have already posted this, but my dealer told me the Pirelli Scorpions have been approved for use by Land Rover. Meaning...if you put them on your car and than have any traction/tire related warranty issue...its covered. you have a Michelin on there now and they'll ask you all kinds of questions or throw a set of Goodyear's on for their road tests.

Any opinion on the Scorpions?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the Michelins are not covered? My dealer put them on my vehicle after they couldn't fix the problems with the Goodyears. I would assume that would make them covered under warranty.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you watch the Land Rover Experience videos of Moab (they run the tape 24/7 at my dealership), they are using Michelin Synchrones....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635