19" Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, my dealer told me they expect the Michelins to be an approved tire for the LR3, but right now the only tires that LR as fully tested & certified for the LR3 are the Goodyears and Pirellis. So, if you go in for any traction related concerns and have another tire installed, they may put on a pair of approved tires to roadtest and reproduce your condition.

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
I've seen the Synchones in action. seem to be a pretty good tire. Consider also the Revo's from....I forget, Bridgestone maybe?

Bridgestone does make a tire with "Revo" technology however I cannot find any tires on the Bridgestone website that are 255/55R19. Where did you hear that they were making a tire for the LR3?? I'd definately get them if this is true.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just traded my LR3 in for a lexus... well, not really, but i just got rid of the worthless goodyear HP's and got a set of new michelin synchrones. it now rides like a lexus GX (at least in my mind). it is unbelievable how much better my LR3 rides now, and it is so much quieter! i wish there were more options for a beefier 19" tire, but i think these are going to work pretty well for my daily commute to and from the hospital and few off road excursions per year. thanks everyone for all the advice! i'll post an update on the wear of these later on down the road.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cbboard said:
i just got rid of the worthless goodyear HP's and got a set of new michelin synchrones

I'll be doing this too. I was at a LR event a few weeks ago and a few gentlemen from LR hinted (because the company line is "this is what we recommend") to get the Synchrones...

And geez are those HPs loud!

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Synchrones

Spent 2 days with Landrover UK people last May and we discussed tires. They are also frustrated with the tire problem for the 19" rims. We discussed Synchrones and they didn't have any problem with them, but admitted they wished someone would come up with a good 19" with better offroad tread. Problems with reliability and traction versus quiet ride. Most people with HSE's don't take them offroad. Some of us (ask NWOODS about my LR3) just do it...Did have a little pull afterwards, and when I took to dealer, he said alignment was OK, but he rotated the tires and the pull went away. I guess the radial belts shifted while the tires were under extreme sidewall stress.

Don't be afraid of the synchrones. NWOODS can attest to how well the tires worked the day we rode together. Even though I was afraid of sidewalls rolling while we were tilted 45 degrees, they held up well, and once we got to rocks, the tread bites well. Yet once on the road, they are remarkably quiet. I did, however get 27k miles out of my HP's and took a remarkably rocky trail at 27k miles. Worried about them getting cut, but the HP's held up better than I expected. They are just too loud.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
opinions on synchrones vs. cross terrains? I really like my cross terrains as well. Much quieter than the HP's and seem like they will be more aggressive - though still not very much so.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap, Jim's truck did great with the Synchrones on our dirt and rock trails. He didn't have quite the sidewall bite of a true All Terrian tire, but the contact patch traction was quite good, definately did not slow him down any.

M

mbc

just swapped HPs for synchrones

I too just took the plunge and swapped out my 255/55/19 HPs for Michelin Synchrones.

I got a flat on the highway with the Goodyears and had to ruin the tire by driving to the next exit (was not safe to change on the highway). The prospect of shelling out $230 + for another HP made me sick, so I bit the bullet and bought a set of Synchrones. Much, Much, Much better. Not cheap of course, but if the noise and harsh ride of the HPs is driving you nuts, cought up the money for Synchrones. You won't regret it.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear. That'll be my next tire.

The ride is actually quieter? I didn't notice a loud ride in the LR3, but I went from one truck to another so didn't notice a big difference. Hmmm....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM