1995 Disco Problems - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HinesCB

Reaction score
I bought a 1995 Land Rover Discovery exactly 1 year ago and it's been a challenge to actually enjoy driving this truck. But I must say, I do enjoy figuring out this truck and actually working on it.

The truck was running fine up until a few months ago, i just noticed was not running right. It has 119k miles and since last year, i have only put on no more than 500 miles!!

*Problems*

-Loose Spring Bolts (Picture attached)

-Knocking/Exhaust Leak when accelerating in low gears. I (My disco is manual)

-When accelerating, the truck seems to putt like it's not getting enough gas

-Radio Popping/buzzing

-Battery Cable Corrosion (positive cable)

I have read through so many forums and threads and it looks like there are a ton of folks who have similar problems. I finally decided to go ahead and post a thread of my own. I REALLY love this truck and want to get it up and going. I just want to know how to troubleshoot, what to look for, and of course, what would be the least expensive way to go about fixing my truck.

Can anyone help? :confused:

Located in San Antonio, Texas

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• img382.jpg
    img382.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 66

FiveO Disco

Reaction score
Replace the fuel filter. It probably needs it anyway. Get a new + batt cable or end and clean the ground connections as well. Buy some new spring retainers from rovertym or Expedition Exchange. Stock one are weak if you do any wheelin at all. You may want to put new plugs in. I use Champions. Theyt are cheap and work great. Maybe some new plug wires , cap and rotor.

Have fun. I Love my 95

Cheers Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4