1996 disco bad front sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

newby2005

I am looking at buying a 1996 diso with dual sunroofs. But the front one just sits there and makes a funny gear sounds. You can push on the sunroof and open it. So it's not the motor. Can local dealer and ask how muck $1000. So here is my question. Can you just buy parts for it and do it your self or just take it to the dealer?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy the parts yes, but to do it your self will require removing the head liner and alot of work.... I would either a) try to replace with manual sunroof, or b) seal it off and forget it, or c) look at another Disco.

Also for a '96 if you don't have complete service records and the miles are high or it looks like other issues, run..... run......, then run somemore.... :)

N

newby2005

Has 100,000 miles. Dealer siad that they just replaces all power window switches and put new front shocks on it. oh and new exhaust system. din't say anything else. It is a five-speed whitch i here is a rare find. Why is that?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
5 speeds just tend to cost more on the Clutch fix then most vehicles.

Well if the dealer is selling it, then have them fix the sunroof.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635