1996 discovery leaking oil/fluid from right front hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaze98

Reaction score
My 96 disco has started leaking a descent amount in the right front it looks like it's comming from the hub and gets worse when I park in our driveway overnight ( it's a steep driveway ) could the be a gasket? Since it's all wheel drive I don't want to burn up the front end.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasket or seal, sure!!!
When was the last time you checked for leak, crawl under and get a better idea from where it is leaking and get back to us. The 2 possible leaks can be gear oil from the diff or grease from the swivel.

blaze98

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! There is alot of buildup on the hub and is dripping onto the tirewall and onto the driveway. Any help would be great!

blaze98

Reaction score
I will get under it in the morning and take a pic of where it is leaking from

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would help.
How mechanical are you?
When was the last time you did a major drive line service, new gear oil, new swivel oil/seals and adjusting as well as greasing/replacing the wheel bearings and seals?

blaze98

Reaction score
ive only had it 4 days now, i picked it up on craigslist, Im somewhat mechanicaly inclined but not great :tongue: but i have a buddy that is, i also have a mechanic i use and trust so i was going to take it to him to check it out. the guy that had it before me only drove it about 20 miles aday, I drive about 45 miles aday so i would really like to get it in good running order. I will take a pic of it today and post it so you can see where its leaking. I know it was taken off road before i got it. there is a mud and dirt in every crack and crevas under the car lol.

blaze98

Reaction score
This is where the leak is at. as you can see its not alot but if i park it on the driveway there is a 2x2 inch spot in the morning.

HPIM3319.jpg

HPIM3320.jpg

blaze98

Reaction score
ok for some reason this site doesnt like photobucket... i posted the pic of where it is leaking on landroverforums.com

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Blaze98 the issue isn't photo bucket it is the fact that you have limited posts and the forum software required a moderator to approve the pic... done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99