1997 land rover basket case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jscott11

Reaction score
I am the same guy with the idle problem the new problem is it idles fine %70 percent of the time 20% high idle 10% no idle? Anyway I have a bigger issue now ,when I first got this discovery with 94000 miles I noticed the dash lights and right rear taillight was not funtioning. I corrected this problem after changeing countless fuses by repairing the pigtail installed by uhaul but after that repair was made my dash light and running light are not functioning so I ordered a new headlight switch figured the pigtail shorted out the switch. New switch installed still no running lights. I called the seller, he said he tested it before he sent.Please help I love these trucks I have always wanted one, but please tell me do these things have issues constantly? It seems everyone I speak with acts like its normal to have so many problems Please help Thanks Jimmy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are you have corrosion or a short in one of the connectors or sockets. I would start with the two side lights in the front. Not the small ones on the fenders, but the 4 inch long ones. They tend to go bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9