2000 Disco prep.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antipf_bfs

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am new here and I am Russian so I will butcher spelling a bit ;-). I am moving to Montana in a few weeks and I want to prepare my car for the cross country.
I did find most of the answers on my questions by reading board but still have few more.

1) Secondary Air Injection. This air compressor that sit at the left top corner of engine compartment is always working. 100% of the time I am driving it is on, it is like having your own small F16 on afterburner. So I disconnected it a month ago and 1 month before I get yellow engein service light. Code reader said that it was some Air valve problem. I didnt notice any problems with driving it like that but they may be some, I dont know. So this Secondary Air Injection system affect MPG or power output in some way?

2) Cooling system.
Were is show #3 there is 2 hoses atat attached to a T conector. My right one blow up this winter (engien clean from coolant) left one bolow up 3 weeks ago. Intresting thing is that one was at low outside temp. and second with hight. I always keep aye on the coolant lvl and it is always at the max or in the middle. What can be wrong with this system? #14 cap or #12 termostat? I don't wont to have same thing on the way.
505-Discovery-II-cooling-heating.jpg

3) New tires. I am always getting out 2-3 times a month to a camping or off road drive. Winter or summer dosnt mater. I am thinking about 245/75/16. But dont know what brand and type of tires.
I am thinking I will be 30% off and 70 on road. it just on road tires looks bad on Off road car.

ty for help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Item 1 = Not sure I don't have a D2, but it sounds like something isn't working correctly.

Item 2 = I always recommend changing all the hoses and the T-Stat while your there if you have to change any of them. If you are not using distilled water this may be your issue.

Item 3 = I really like Bridgestone AT Revo's, but this is just my opinion and I am sure everyone one here or any other forum has a different reason for liking their brand and type of tire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink