2000 disco2 elec problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

MohawkDan

I just Bought a 2000 disco 2 v8i w/ no mods and it came with a couple of problems.

1) rear windows will not roll down regardless of switch pushed
2) rear sunroof only opens with the front switch not the rear
3) passenger front lock only works manually all others fine
4) Cruise control doesn't work
5) brake light flashes at random

I checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood; they were fine. This is my first LR, and I love it except for the little nuisances. I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) Window lift ECU?

(2) Is the center button pushed, locking the rear control?

M

MohawkDan

Where is the window lift ecu? and no it's not. I have a technical background, but I've never worked on lr's before, so please feel free to break in down kiddie-style.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window lift ECU is located behind the glovebox. Let me see if I can find the link to the repair. I have a Disco I, so see this as a starting-point and not a definite solution. Sometimes there are bad solder points on the ECU and it prevents the rear windows from going up or down.

Try this link:

http://www.discoweb.org/window/index.htm

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE: The lock, the actuator may be shot. Does it sound like it's locking/unlocking and the lock "tab" just doesn't move, or is that door silent when the others are locked?

To anyone else: Is the cruise on a DII vacuum-powered like on the D1? If so, you'll need to check the vacuum lines (black rubber hoses on driver's side) and make sure all connections are not cracked or unhooked.

M

MohawkDan

Thanks brother, I'll start there and tell you what happens.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
MohawkDan said:
I just Bought a 2000 disco 2 v8i w/ no mods and it came with a couple of problems.

1) rear windows will not roll down regardless of switch pushed
2) rear sunroof only opens with the front switch not the rear
3) passenger front lock only works manually all others fine
4) Cruise control doesn't work
5) brake light flashes at random

I checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood; they were fine. This is my first LR, and I love it except for the little nuisances. I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Rear window, check the ECU as Moose noted

Sunroof, if the lockout switch has been check to make sure it is in the correct possition, then you may just have a bad switch in the rear.

Passenger front lock, I would check to make sure (remove door panel) that the wires have not gotten broke when someone tried to use a slim jim, otherwise I would say a bad acuator

Cruise is Vacuum controlled. Check all vacuum hoses under the hood, and also check to make sure the light is on, (i.e. the switch with the table on it) just bellow the heater controls. Remember the top switch on steering wheel is for setting, the bottom switch shuts it off or resumes.

Brake light flashes at random, I would check brake fluid level, and also make sure the parking brake is adjusted. Big drum under the driver seat area, has a 15 or 16 mm nut, adjust clock wise until you can pull the handle and it sets the brake at 3 clicks.

Also wouldn't hurt to flush the brake fluid to ensure it isn't some contamination.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak