2005 LR3 oddities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noir

Reaction score
In regards to the sunroof thing, if you Google your year make and model and "reset sunroof" there is a quick process to get it fixed, as long as it's not a bigger issue.
thanks, tried the reset, no dice. not a fuse issue, at this point it's low on the list, it's not leaking, more of a nice to have, but mainly want to get the back door to lock so you can't get in from the outside, oddly it locks the inside and you can't get out. :D

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a pain to replace but not horrible.

Attachments

• Rear Door Latch.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Rear Door Window Regulator and Motor.pdf
    114.2 KB · Views: 52

Noir

Reaction score
They are a pain to replace but not horrible.
Wow, you have all the pdfs, thanks. Now do you know a good source for a new glovebox door? Latch is broke on ours and won't close, but it looks like the part that should hold to the hook area on the frame of the glove box broke off also. Not sure what the people before us did to this thing.

Noir

Reaction score
Update: Received my GAP tool finally, spendy but seems to be well worth it. So it first time running it, 75+ faults, dating back to 2018, we just bought it in May. Cleared them all out, ran again and 15 came back, manageable. What I found interesting, and curious if anyone else has come across this, 10 of them, engine system faul, trans fault, suspension lowering, all tie back to lost communication with the parking brake module. Parking Brake is lit up on the dash, the brake is actually fine the mechanics said. The other 5 faults are the sun roof, both side mirrors, it says solenoid stuck closed, yet I can move the mirrors manually in and out, so not a huge concern on that. Also says fault for title and telescoping steering wheel, which is odd since both of those functions are manual, not electronic.

Has anyone seen the parking brake module be tied to a variety of faults before? Ran the scan 3 more times, exact same results every time.

Also, if I pull the fuse(s) for the parking brake, will that at least stop the lower suspension and rando trans fault?

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually "lost comm" faults can be ignored. Have you tried replacing the brake switch?

Noir

Reaction score
Usually "lost comm" faults can be ignored. Have you tried replacing the brake switch?
Really, but those lost comms seem to tie to the engine system fault that is always there, only thing that even pops up and then the hdc and suspension and cruise control lost, amazing if that one switch is the gremlin.

I have not tried replacing the brake switch, would that be tied to the parking break aspect even? I wanted to have the faults first before I looked at doing that just to make sure I wasn't missing something more severe.

Also is that the brake light switch or the epb switch you mean?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake switch is behind the physical brake pedal (stalk) and if it fails you'll see the BRAKE indication on, and you'll get a combo of HDC fault + Suspension fault and get dropped down to Access Height. Cycling the ignition usually makes it go away, but only temporarily. It's a very common issue; the part is/was about $20.

Noir

Reaction score
The brake switch is behind the physical brake pedal (stalk) and if it fails you'll see the BRAKE indication on, and you'll get a combo of HDC fault + Suspension fault and get dropped down to Access Height. Cycling the ignition usually makes it go away, but only temporarily. It's a very common issue; the part is/was about $20.

parking brake is the only indicator always on and then the engine system fault warning when it starts up. But they all say tide to parking brake module, which is why i wasn't thinking the brake switch would be related, but maybe it is. It's about $50 now for the part at british atlantic if oem, unless a better source exists for it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't hurt....and if your old one isn't bad (no signs of scoring or burn marks from electrical arcing, no broken contacts) then keep it as a spare.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72