2005 LR3 oddities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noir

Reaction score
Bought a used one at an auction warehouse, knew it would need some work and just got it back from having a variety of things done. Couple items they were stumped on, one is an engine fault warning, but no code is available when they try and pull one. Anyone seen this, could it be related to the ebrake? I have the ebrake light on, it's not engaged, but shining brightly on the dash, before I have them look further into it, thought I'd see if something I could look at on my own.

I also seem to have the sunroof doesn't want to open experience as others, upside, it doesn't leak, so it's fine right now. One other item, only one key fob, so any good source for another, besides dealer let me know. But noticed that we will lock it up, lights flash, everything looks locked when we look in and I can literally go up and open any door, not pressing unlock. Alarm sounds which is great, but is this a known thing or some odd extra special experience I get?

Thanks.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get an IIDTool from GAP Diagnostics. It will pay for itself instantly as you can program a key FOB with it. The door thing sounds like a bad lock actuator. I don't think the BRAKE indication and engine fault warning would be related.

Noir

Reaction score
Thanks, seen that tool mentioned, have to look into it. I'll take a look at the lock actuator, see what I can find out about it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...also if it's ALL your doors, it could be something more simple.

You've seen that tool mentioned because it's probably the most important tool an LR3 owner can have in their toolbox.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached is the instrument cluster section of the manual. Your brake indicator can be telling you a number of things, pad wear, low fluid, etc. Also attaching the section for the sunroof that may help diagnose in the future. Also the section on the Anti Theft system which can keep the doors from locking and since it's all your doors you may want to read through that as well. It's another extremely complicated system that captures data from multiple other systems through the CJB. To reiterate what Houm said, you cannot successfully work on your own truck without a GAP tool or a Nanocom. There are too many interconnected systems and an LR3 is not something at which you can throw parts until you finally replace the right one.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    689.9 KB · Views: 48
    332 KB · Views: 68
    218.6 KB · Views: 56

Noir

Reaction score
...also if it's ALL your doors, it could be something more simple.

You've seen that tool mentioned because it's probably the most important tool an LR3 owner can have in their toolbox.
Yeah, it's just the passenger side door on the driver side. Saw a few videos, actuator looks to be the issue, seen some diy solutions and then the replace it approach. Have to see which way I'm leaning towards at the time. Reminds me of the audi I owned, unique little issues would pop up.

Noir

Reaction score
Attached is the instrument cluster section of the manual. Your brake indicator can be telling you a number of things, pad wear, low fluid, etc. Also attaching the section for the sunroof that may help diagnose in the future. Also the section on the Anti Theft system which can keep the doors from locking and since it's all your doors you may want to read through that as well. It's another extremely complicated system that captures data from multiple other systems through the CJB. To reiterate what Houm said, you cannot successfully work on your own truck without a GAP tool or a Nanocom. There are too many interconnected systems and an LR3 is not something at which you can throw parts until you finally replace the right one.
Thank you, much appreciated, found out the other doors weren't because the one didn't lock, then i opened and tried to lock right away. Seems like the system needs a brief reset before locking. did it again today, waited, then locked them all and tested, all the others lock now, just one door issue.

When it was in they checked the sensor for brake, got that fixed, all fluids good, new brakes were just done. It's just that stinking park brake indicator on. It's not engaged, which is good, but between that and the engine fault pop up, just weird. It was an auction vehicle and knew it would need things, thought this might be the simpler of ones. Thanks again for the pdfs.

magnumc500

Reaction score
In regards to the sunroof thing, if you Google your year make and model and "reset sunroof" there is a quick process to get it fixed, as long as it's not a bigger issue.

magnumc500

Reaction score
I do have a question of my own, it's for an 06 Land Rover LR3 but it should be the same as an 05 I would think. I'm getting code U0167 - lost contact/communication with the immobilizer control module. Essentially seems to stop the car from turning on. Any idea what part it is and where it's located? At this point any help to disable it for me to be able to drive would be fine too. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if this helps.

Attachments

163 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members