2001 Disco II sluggish, lacks power,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d2dave

Reaction score
138,000 miles, 4.0L
head gasket done 15000 ago (14 mos)
new radiator, changes oil regular,
recently cleaned MAF Sensor
new champion platinums plugs

started with rough idle
noticed lack of power uphill at high speed...
lifter noise present with load more since last oil changed used oil change place own high mileage supposed ly made by penziol...

down shifts to accelrate but doesnt seem to have the guts..
have cleaned MAF sensor several times with MAFS Cleaner (fast evap) reset codes and heres what we have now...

the codes today are:

any thoughts on this one,,,

also changed water pump 6 mos ago with internet cheapest part 67 bucks on ebay and it seems as if it has started to mark its territory again... errr... weep again... i know thaat spot... and i know its going to get worse... is this what i get for usiine the 67 part vs the factory 340 part... i found some aftermarkets for 240 range but internet prices were much better.,.. or is high pressure possibly cause ... i noticed prior to my disco spotting again that the engine was running warm and it was low on fluid i am guessing this was before the spotting throught the same or has the head gasket raised its ugly head...

it was milled by machine shope and sleeves had not fallen and were at spec accord to mechanic...there is no water in oil, and always top off radiator fluid through high point hose screw valve to make sure there is no air pocket...

also have three amigoes i am sure this vehicle needs a brake job too...

any thoughts...

d2dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72