2003 disco, newb looking for some help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file with step by step directions on rebuilding that shaft along with part numbers.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
While I order the parts for the Front prop shaft should I rebuild the rear as well? Also any advice or alternatives for the cross member issue with the lift? I will try to post up some photos tomorrow of the rover.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 1 more u-joint and inspect/replace the rotoflex if it is showing major cracking.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
New issue, knocking coming from the mid right side of the motor. Place i took it to wouldnt even look at the truck until it was fixed. What are some common issues in the 4.6L that create the knocking that I should look into first? Should I seek professional help immediately or is there something I can do short term? Obviously it will be a tough question to answer being that its hasnt been diagnosed yet.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
New issue, knocking coming from the mid right side of the motor. Place i took it to wouldnt even look at the truck until it was fixed. What are some common issues in the 4.6L that create the knocking that I should look into first? Should I seek professional help immediately or is there something I can do short term? Obviously it will be a tough question to answer being that its hasnt been diagnosed yet.

Some other info only knocks when hot, once the engine is hot it continues even in idle.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
So the head gasket seal, valve cover gasket and intake gaskets need to be changed. also the air box cover needs to be changed because all of the clips are broken. Parts have been ordered for the front prop shaft.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
Valve Cover gaskets ordered, having a friend help me with the job, also ordered a transmission filter kit, all new u joints and ball joint for front drive shaft, and also have cross member spacers ordered. Cant wait to get this all done. Next up ordering a new top to the air intake box. (previous owner has it zip tied down cause they broke all the clips) Anyone suggest a good air filter to replace the unknown filter larking beneath the zip tied cover?

...oh and im gonna do an oil change.

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM