2004 disco coolant leaking under car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 2004 with 74,000 miles and this winter in FL :cool: I start to lose coolant I replaced the thermostat and I still have a steady leak from the two drain under the car I presume will be the coil .
Is any way to verify with out taking a part the front :help:

Thank you

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what 2 drains you are talking about. You should keep the system full to the cap and have someone perform a coolant system pressure test to find the leak.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have coolant leaking from those drain tubes, then it is time to look into replacing the heater core and or possibly the o-rings, you will want to do a visual to verify for sure.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a discussion with the parts department from British Atlantic and base on what they are saying ,I can eliminate the lope with the matrix heater in the engine compartment and not affect the engine temperature !
The only side effect no more heat in the car ??? Heat in FL ;-))
I presume this guys knows what they are talking about , I will experiment today ..

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By passing the heater core will not work well with the way Rover designed the cooling system, the hear core is an important factor and should not be removed.
If you have any questions, let's talk.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm the water pump gasket start to leak or was leaking for same time ....
10$ gasket and I will be up and running in no time :biggrin:
Mike I call a local shop to inquire regarding the price to replace the heater core
considering you need to take the front out to access the location .For the moment I will run my rover with the bypass on the engine compartment.:ahhhhh:

Attachments

• 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 17

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before summer gets here you should read the 2 pages in the Rave manual regarding the purpose and design of the heater core and t/stat.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
price for replacing the heater matrix $800
:mad:

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warning Lights HDC TC and M S

I wash the engine under and I got a warning lights HDC TC steady lights and flushing lights M manual mode and S Sport mode
the LR3 have the same problems and every body pointed the solution to the brake light switch ...... any ideas :help:
The codes P1884,P123,P130
Thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins