2005 LR3 Problems: LCD on Radio not working, Drivers speaker goes in/out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caringserv

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2005 LR3 SE and the lcd display on the radio no longer works but sometimes it does work and the backlight green display works as well. Last time this happened i turned off the suv for 30 minutes and turned it back on and it worked. It doesn't always work however and there are times nothing is on the lcd display at all, not even the clock.

1. can anyone tell me how to fix this?
2. how to take apart the dash to remove the head unit?
3. is this a common problem? Any recalls?
4. Maybe there is a off switch for the LCD panel on the radio i don't know about. If so can anyone tell me how to activate it again?
5. is it a fuse maybe? If so which one?

I also have a speaker on the door panel that doesn't work right, kind of goes in and out.. How do i take apart the door on the drivers side to repair the speaker?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2005 LR3 SE and the lcd display on the radio no longer works. Everything is fine but nothing on the radio itself..

1. can anyone tell me how to fix this?
2. how to take apart the dash to remove the head unit?
3. is this a common problem? Any recalls?
4. Maybe there is a off switch for the LCD panel on the radio i don't know about. If so can anyone tell me how to activate it again?

I also have a speaker on the door panel that doesn't work right, kind of goes in and out.. How do i take apart the door on the drivers side to repair the speaker?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. No.
2. You basically grab the center surround plastic at the very edges and pull. Use search, and you can find more comments.
3. No.
4. No, there is no switch.

http://www.landrovertechinfo.com is the official pay site for Land Rover service documentation. (You can pay by the day, which is quite affordable.) However, it's no help for pulling apart non-serviceable parts.

Maybe you'll get lucky and somehow you can get the LCD to work again with some physical abuse... :biggrin:

I assume you've exceeded your warranty mileage? If not, why are you asking this? :smile:

Last edited:

caringserv

Reaction score
Yes it is out of warranty....
So i just pull the head unit on each side of the radio and just tug and tug until it comes out? Seems kind of simple.... Will any clips break?

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar problem and the dealer replaced it (under warranty) and it has been fine since.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just pull the head unit on each side of the radio and just tug and tug until it comes out? Seems kind of simple.... Will any clips break?
No, not the head unit... you pull off the plastic around the whole center console area... the stereo head unit is screwed in. That way you can access all the bits.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2005 LR3 SE and the lcd display on the radio no longer works but sometimes it does work and the backlight green display works as well. Last time this happened i turned off the suv for 30 minutes and turned it back on and it worked. It doesn't always work however and there are times nothing is on the lcd display at all, not even the clock.

How often does this happen? It has happened to me twice in one year and I don't worry about it because it is so infrequent.

Sorry to steal the thread, but what does worry me is that I only get my satellite radio to work about 50-60% of the time. What usually helps ensure that the sat radio will work is to turn off the ignition slowly, click by click when parking. This seems to help but it does not alleviate the problem completely. Has anyone else experienced this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4