2005 LR3 suspension problem again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

italiansta1978

Reaction score
hi guys just got a 2005 lr3 hse with 94k on it yesterday my suspension light came on and comopressor was working but it would shut of after 30 sec. played with it for a while and the compressor stoped working. checked the fuse and it blow the 40 amp fuse twice then saw that it had to be the 60 amp fuse plugged it in and worked fine up until I was driving home 10 miles in to it gave me the suspension message again but this time I could use the special programs yester day it would not let me do it at all. this morning we have 5 inches of snow with 5 degrees weather (Denver co) I started the truck after a minute got the message but the special programs were still usable. turned it of and restarted and made my 20 miles trip with no lights at all. what do you thing talked to couple indy land rover mechanics and one told me to replace the compressor but thinking do I need to do the drier and all the other stuff please help thanks

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends how much money you want to throw at it and how fast. If the compressor isn't burnt out then it could be an air leak in the lines around the dryer or a crack in the dryer or just caked up dessicant in the dryer. If you can get a fault code pulled that would help - usually it's something like pressure increasing too slowly.

Have a look at this thread http://www.disco3 dot co dot uk/forum/topic102168.html

You will have to reconstruct the actual URL due to this site's dubious mangling of web URLs....sigh....

The new compressors are a different design and allegedly more reliable.

italiansta1978

Reaction score
it was showing few codes after I cleared the codes there are 2 codes came back up one is c1a27 and the other one is 40421

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally if the fuse for the compressor blows, the compressor will need to be replaced, as it is going over-current, which should be regulated by the internal sensor if solely due to getting hot from a leak at the dryer.

italiansta1978

Reaction score
so can I just replace the drier or have to replace the compressor as a complete? thanks

daven5735

Reaction score
For what it's worth I recently went through this. My 2006 had the compressor replaced back in 06 when there was a TSB (or recall...can't recall). Unfortunately it was not the newer version they have today. Back this summer I started having issues with a suspension fault. The compressor would run for extended periods as well as when I would start driving, the fault light would come on and lock it in normal driving mode. Once I stopped and turned off the ignition it would reset and do it all over again on the next restart. I researched all TSB's to date and as long as the compressor still runs, the dealers would do the following:
Replace the dryer (VUB504700) $97.67
Replace the relay (YWB500220) $10.85
Replace the delivery valve (kit) in the compressor (LR020590) $7.39
I did all this in about an hour. The hardest part was reaching (and replacing) the upper bolt holding the compressor to the chassis.

I don't know which component was the culprit but problem solved and compressor runs the normal time now and no more faults.

Last edited:

LTCU

Reaction score
I have a similar problem except I am not blowing fuses. You can find my posts on this forum. I have ordered the dryer and air compressor repair kit from British Parts of Utah and they are on the way. A little more money than the prices quoted here but not bad. I plan on doing the work either this weekend or next depending when my order arrives. I will update and let you know if this takes care of my problem.

italiansta1978

Reaction score
ok so ordered all 3 things that everyone suggested and it cost me from a dealer $185.oo (got a whole sale account) it took me no more than 30 min to replace all three thing dryer, relay and the spring. and it is working like it never did before. every thing is functional it has been 3 days and all works great. and one more thing the reason it was blowing the fuse some knucle head put 40 amp fuse instead of 60 amp that land rover called. thanks for the help guys.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent.... That is a good savings

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635