2005 Service Items

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
So who amongst you folks with the still-good bushings are NON off-roaders?

I'm trying to determine if my wheelin' adventures contributed to mine going out within 60k miles.

Dealer did mine at 48k...

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a unique tire option, Michelin 4x4 Diamaris 275/55/19. They are about an inch taller than the stock tires and help a little in filling out the wheel wells. The spare needs to be partially deflated to fit in its cubby. Interestingly, the speedometer is dead on with this tire size while previously it read about 2% over. Don't let the 4x4 logo lull you in, this is a street tire and the only thing it has in common with an AT or MTR is color.

I wish I could do more off roading, last time was in CO summer of '07. I do tow a trailer often but the vast majority of my miles are long distance highway driving. The only road hazards in Florida are bugs and old people. So no, I haven't done any driving on wash board roads or any terrain that would have repeatedly extended the wheels (too bad).

I'm very pleased with this vehicle and will likely keep it for a long time. I know full well that there will be some future repair bills that will hit 2g's. I think if your prepared for that, this is a vehicle that can go 250,000 miles. Here in Florida there are still many Disco 1's and old RR's on the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4