2006-2007 GPS DVD Update - 1791 Hack Found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006-2007 & 2009 GPS DVD Update - 1791 Hack Found

Hey there,

My LR3 has the 2004 version, and I'm interested in upping to the latest DVD. Currently available is 2006-2007. Anybody know if 2007-2008 may be released soon?

Thanks.

Last edited:

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I've found,

On the 2006-2007 disc, some sort of update occurs that blocks 1791.

So what I've found is at least in the UK and Europe, dealers issued a GPS software update that allows drivers to change the destination while driving. See: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic7489.html

My question is, does anybody know if this is available in the US? And should I have the dealer do the update before I load the new disc, or does it matter?

-Angas

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I've found,

On the 2006-2007 disc, some sort of update occurs that blocks 1791.

So what I've found is at least in the UK and Europe, dealers issued a GPS software update that allows drivers to change the destination while driving. See: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic7489.html

My question is, does anybody know if this is available in the US? And should I have the dealer do the update before I load the new disc, or does it matter?

-Angas

Unfortunately in our Litigation happy society it is not available here, and if you do update the Nav DVD then you can't use the cheat code :hmpf:

Cheers
John

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006-2007 just came out, so it will be a while before a new version is released. If you want to update, go with the ione out now. Be warned that the trick fix to enable destination entry on the fly will not work in the update. It's been disabled.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately the patch installed by dealers in Europe and discussed on the disco3.uk forum looks for the DVD version (e.g. European satnav discs only) before "unlocking" the system while in motion.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what I did tonight!

I bought a 2006-2007 Navigation DVD couple weeks ago, did a little dissecting. After looking everything over, and many messed up blank DVDs, I have successfully created a 2006-2007 DVD that allows 1791 bypass.

I inserted the DVD, took the car for a spin and 1791 worked just as normal. I even looked up some newer developments that were not on the 2004 cd, and all were present.

Boo-Ya I did it!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
angasreid, what did you change on the disc? One of the Kwi files? I assume you just prevented the forced software tweak. Did you replace something on the new disc with something from the original disc? Post what you did, and heck... I'll order the new map disc just for the hell of it. Cool. Someone asked me to try the same thing for them, but I never got around it... partially because I was too lazy to borrow their map disc to look at.

Last edited:

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1791 code doesn't work on my 07 LR3. Would love to hear what the trick is to make 1791 work. Please~~~~~ - Brian from DE

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car is a 2005 LR3, but if you have had the 2006-2007 DVD-ROM in your car already, you most likely installed the update and are SOL. But for everyone else that have always used the 2004 DVD, this will work.

In order to rip the DVD, these are the things you're going to need.
1) DVD-R drive with DVD+R DL capabilities
2) DVD+R DL (double layer) which are twice as expensive as regular DVD+R media
3) A program called PowerISO which I bought for $30.

-Basically what has to be done, is rip the 6.5gb disc to an .iso image on the computer. Once the image is on the computer, the iso has to then be edited to remove LOADING.KWI. Once that has been the disc HAS to be burned as a DVD-ROM in DVD-ROM booktype, in order to be recognized in the DVD-ROM player under the driver's seat.
-Whole process takes about 2 hours.

Or...
For those of you not computer literate, and may not have all the necessary items, I will sell to anybody a copy of the navigation DVD for $50, OBO, "provided that you can show me a receipt that you legally purchased the 2006-2007 DVD." :wink: I spent maybe $100.00 trying to figure this out as well as many hours behind my computer. I'm a college student so making a little back on what I lost would help me out dearly. If you would like to do so, Private Message me.

For those of you who want to give it a go, here's what I did:
1) Open PowerISO

2) With the Land Rover DVD-ROM in your drive, click "tools"--->"Make CD/DVD-ROM Image FIle"

3) Change Destination File to ".iso file", and name the DVD "464210-5760" without quotes.

4) Hit OK

Edit/Burn Time
5) Once the .iso is ripped, you'll see in the right pane all the files and the one folder on the disc. Right click on "LOADING.KWI" and choose delete.

6) Now that loading is off the image, you can remove the Land Rover Disc and insert your DVD+R DL.

7) Click the "Burn" icon - This is the point where you'll actually find out if your DVD+R
drive will burn Double Layer DVDs.

8) Once the DVD says completed successfully, then you've got yourself a Nav disc.

Other Notes:
*I used Sony DVD+R DL, I would think other brands should work, but I didn't try yet.
*Also make sure you remove LOADING.KWI from the image in step 5 otherwise you're just going to install the update.
*Like anything else in the US, I do not condone pirating of software, and this is for back-up and the 1791 code hack only.
*This is the process I used, worked great for me and if followed

Last edited:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, makes sense. The loading.kwi file contains the update, as I'd expect. Did you ever load the new disc before removing the file? I'm guessing no? (Based on the folks that have stated there is "no going back" to 1791 after they put the new disc in -- even if they put their original disc back.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72