2006-2007 GPS DVD Update - 1791 Hack Found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just ordered my new NAV DVD a couple of days ago (and got it delivered today) and just came across this thread. Hmm, i am a bit nervous to do the mod, what if that file that we are removing has anything at all in it that enhances the system in any way. There might be a trade off some where in it... Anyways, i haven't installed the new DVD yet, kinda holding off on it knowing that once i do then i would not be able to do the mod (which i dont have currently, and didnt know about it)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why be nervous? You'd only be out ~$2 for a blank DVD+R DL (15 pack is normally $15-$20 USD) if you have a DL capable burner and, say, Nero. If for some reason you decide you want the firmware update, just shove the original disc in and forget about your backup.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great info, angas, thanks for sharing it!

This has been the ONLY thing preventing me from getting the upgrade disc, as I want the map updates, but use 1791 on a daily basis. It is just too restricting to browse through memory points and such when you don't have the code. The NAV locks down to many features when you're moving.

THANKS!

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As one who did the nav update several months ago, it is great to see that someone has figured out how to remaster the dvd so it doesn't load the software update. I noticed no new features from the update. There are some updates to the roads and the POI's, but I really did not see any other changes.

If someone figures out how to clear the memory so I can go back to the old disk and software, I would jump on it!

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never even saw that. That would have saved me a bit of time. However, because you installed the official Nav disc fist, you didn't really have proof that the loading file was what blocked 1791.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking a look at the loading.kwi file on my newly received 2007 satnav disc. Before I "burn" anything :biggrin:, would anyone with a MY2007 (or 2005/6 updated with the 2007 satnav disc) be willing to try the following PINs - instead of 1791 which we already know is no longer recognized - on their satnav diag entry screen and let us know if they do anything:

Thanks.

Last edited:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob

I previously had upgraded the NAV dvd and lost the use of the NAV hack. I tried all of the numbers posted. All but the last code did anything visible. The last code put the system into the diagnostic mode for the NAV system, and shows the software in the system, and allows for some adjustments of the NAV/GPS. It looks like someone could really mess things up if they play with some of the stuff, but it shows diagnostic codes and adjustments to volume, etc.

However, when trying to drive after putting in that mode, there was not ability to enter a destination or search for a POI while moving.

So unfortunately, you haven't found the "Holy Grail", but nice try. I wonder if they removed that feature completely from the software.....:stupid:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am starting to think that maybe they just got rid of that backdoor entirely to avoid any possible future hacks and - must be the real reason - potential lawsuits. :mad: The 9447 code was around to access satnav diagnostics on 2005/2006s already, but since it is still included in the loading.kwi file I had a faint hope it may have been "promoted" to replace 1791, since the engineers at Denso have demonstrated in the past to have little imagination for PINs and codes... Sorry none of them worked.

This will be no consolation to you, but I burned a copy of my newly received 2007 map DVD today (without the loading.kwi file) and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I can confirm that indeed the modified disc loads and works just fine on my 2006 Sport, updating maps and POI databases to 2007 version while maintaining the 1791 bypass capability.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was some way to **** the software in the present memory and start back with the old software! If any creative guy has an idea, let me know....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo