2006-2007 GPS DVD Update - 1791 Hack Found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reported that Angas' hack would not work on 2009 discs back in January. I guess nobody listens to me... :hmpf: :wink:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=72813

I also would like to confirm that the original, unadulterated 2009 disc will **** the 1791 hack the instant you load it in the drive. So, if you purchased a 2009 disc and wish to use it on your MY05/06, you will have to give up the bypass code for good.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we certainly do listen to you, but you stated the disc made it unreadable. So I figured you weren't able to make the disc correctly or it showed up invalid DVD or never would even open on the system. So, I was able to burn it, enter 1791, have it working, and all seemed to be working fine. The disc showed me a map and where I was going just like normal. However, when you enter the address, it just locked up. Nothing would happen when you click enter an address.

But they did put another file on this CD as well. I tried about 15 different ways to burn in, pulling files from former DVDs and putting those on as well. It seems to me, that the "links" meaning what links the address button, to what actually allows putting the address in, has changed. My hypothesis is that it has to do with that loading.kwi file. They've figured out a way to beat us at our game.

I was wondering if updating to the newer DVD would stop the 1791 trick entirely. umbertob has filled me in that a friend of his did try the regular, DVD and it did patch his system. So, if you're happy with your disc and enjoy 1791 don't put the new one in.

I'm going to keep messing around with it, see if I can get it to work somehow. Until then, I hate you NavTeq, and this is what I think of you:bootyshak.

Last edited:

LilSparta

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Could someone please walk me how to use the the 1791 hack on a 2008 Range Rover with a 2008 disk? what do i need to know and does the RR have a secrect menu like BMW's????
thank you,

dixonl

Reaction score
Navigation system 2003 Model Ranger Rover

Was wondering if anyone knows where I could possibly purchase a navigation system for my 2003 Ranger Rover. I posted a while back that something was draining the battery after the truck would sit for 2-3 days. Turned out to be the navigation system not powering down it would stay on and drain the battery. The dealership is telling me it will cost me about $2000 to replace it but don't feel like spending that kind of money and its not even mechanical work. If someone knows where I can get one at a lesser price I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

bradslack

Reaction score
I think we certainly do listen to you, but you stated the disc made it unreadable. So I figured you weren't able to make the disc correctly or it showed up invalid DVD or never would even open on the system. So, I was able to burn it, enter 1791, have it working, and all seemed to be working fine. The disc showed me a map and where I was going just like normal. However, when you enter the address, it just locked up. Nothing would happen when you click enter an address.

But they did put another file on this CD as well. I tried about 15 different ways to burn in, pulling files from former DVDs and putting those on as well. It seems to me, that the "links" meaning what links the address button, to what actually allows putting the address in, has changed. My hypothesis is that it has to do with that loading.kwi file. They've figured out a way to beat us at our game.

I was wondering if updating to the newer DVD would stop the 1791 trick entirely. umbertob has filled me in that a friend of his did try the regular, DVD and it did patch his system. So, if you're happy with your disc and enjoy 1791 don't put the new one in.

I'm going to keep messing around with it, see if I can get it to work somehow. Until then, I hate you NavTeq, and this is what I think of you:bootyshak.

If the disk seems to work fine - all but the entry of addresses - then you have an LR2 disk in a RRS or LR3. After a $400 service call I learned this as fact today!

Ugh.

rbt.chx

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just bought a 2006 LR3 it has the navigation but no DVD. Where can I buy the DVD? How much will it be?

jasonpalmer

Reaction score
Where to Purchase LR Navigation Disk

rbt.chx,

You can purchase a genuine Navigation Disk from:

www.navigation.com/landrover

For a 2006, you may need to use the "Contact Us" page at the site. Once you obtain the correct part number, you can probably find someone on eBay who has an disk for sale.

Also, check out this thread on another forum for details on how to access the DVD to change it.

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18151&page=2

Hope this helps,

Jason.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just bought a 2006 LR3 it has the navigation but no DVD. Where can I buy the DVD? How much will it be?

ebay - 80$ or less. Dealer is an option if you want the latest.

Bond. James Bond

Reaction score
Anyone has some piece of new nowadays ?

Im owner of an european MY06 ( bought on April 2005 ) still playing original DVD, but it is very obsolete.

A DVD 2009 2010 for europe, I hacked , had the kiwi file. I was not successfull on hacking it.

Suggestion to have updated European Maps but not killing 1791 .
Best Regards

Maximilian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72