2006 LR3 V8, 118k miles, hatch issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
Recently my hatch stop opening....I hear it click to open and it unlocks when I hit the fob, but no luck. Any ideas? The emergency unlock (pushing lock and unlock on dash) doesn't work either... Any ideas.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
So how do I program my remote to open the back hatch? I have it programmed to flash my lights, and looked but didnt see how to program the hatch. If that works, I will know its the microswitch in the tailgate handle ..as I hear it clicking when I unlock and when I hold both dash buttons down. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Trynian

Reaction score
So how do I program my remote to open the back hatch? I have it programmed to flash my lights, and looked but didnt see how to program the hatch. If that works, I will know its the microswitch in the tailgate handle ..as I hear it clicking when I unlock and when I hold both dash buttons down. Any ideas?
Thanks!

if it doesn't open when you hold both dash buttons down and you hear it clicking it will not open with the remote programmed either. instructions are in the manuel but I think you are wasting your time you need to follow the instructions posted.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on bbyer and Trynian suggestions. I was out of town when mine went. Dealer charge was about 350 bucks.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
So I tried it....took of rubber cap, not a lot of corrosion on the switch. Any instructions on how to replace the switch (tricky since I can't open the hatch!) also, any leads to get that switch in the US? Thanks all!!

Lastly, figured I'd ask......is that switch the ONLY way to open the hatch??

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my hatch stop opening....I hear it click to open and it unlocks when I hit the fob, but no luck. Any ideas? The emergency unlock (pushing lock and unlock on dash) doesn't work either... Any ideas.
Yeah, the cable inside your tailgate is broken.
There is no way to open it without taking your tailgate apart, which can be done from the inside.

There are a lot of posts on that here. I'm surprised you made it to 118K! Mine went twice before 100K and I finally just had them do a custom fix described here instead of replacing it with the LR cable.

Lift Gate Failure

KEITHD45

Reaction score
Thanks! Can you pm me that link, I don't know what the******* should be?
As of now, just gonna live with it....118k and a ton of little things are breaking, no desire to keep paying the dealership!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge