2008 LR3 question for me!!????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Maybe this link will work,

http://www.maglandrover.com/inventory/printDetails.cfm?printdetails=7215579

This LR3 is an SE. The indicators are - no second speaker in the driver front and passenger front door panel, no C-pillar speakers, no nav display, SE wheels, & it says SE on the tailgate. Also the odometer on the photos reads 20,167

You are right with that picture. They have things mixed up on that site. I drove a white LR3 HSE yesterday with almost 49K miles, plus it had the 5 spoke rims on it.

Either way--I kelly blue booked it and it said certified pre-owner price was 44K. They are selling for $38K.
However, from reading other posts it seems that price may be a bit high for this certain LR3.

?

p.s. what does maintenance usually run on these? oil change price? how often? BMW is every 15K. I had heard LR is every 8 or 10K?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it come with an extended warranty?

Does it have the offroad package? Typically Indicated by a full size spare

I think the price is too high. 30k + tax + extended warranty = pretty good deal imo.

Cant help you on maintenance costs because I do it myself. Parts are reasonable though.

Reaction score
They were going to give me an extra 12K miles because it was certified pre-own. it has almost 50K miles now so basically an extra year on to the factory warranty.
That did not include a longer warranty.
Not sure about the off road package. Will look into that.
Thanks for the info!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go for an 07 with lower miles and preferably a late deliver. Service should be covered up to the 52k, the previous dealership or owner used mine up early so I had to pay for the last service. I would expect 7 10K between changes for the oil and I paid $115 for the oil change at the dealer. Once I am out of warranty in 3K miles, I will do my own.

As with any higher end luxo import the key will be finding a good indy out of warranty if you aren't a diy type.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your original ? - LR3 vs RRS

I looked at both. The Lr3 to me is a far better value _for the dollar_ than the RRSport... same engine, chassis, terrain response, transmission, power, interior is pretty similar (RRS is a little better).

But for me it was the headroom and the rear cargo room that REALLY knock the LR3 over the top. For my 100 lb lab roscoe, its a nonstarter in the trunk of th eRRS, too small. LR3 with the dog guard is huge and perfect for him with the rear air.

Overall, exterior design, I think the RRS looks cooler, but I think the LR3s look great with the grey painted door handles and painted tailgate handle (like the 2009 models). My biggest beef with stocker LR3s is that the black plastic handles fade and look cheap. Just like on my 2003 Disco II, and 1998 Disco I prior to that.

The later Lr3 HSEs with the lux package with wood and better leather (i dunno, 2008 or so?) are a better match with the RRS interiors.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the price is to high as well. I bought an 08 HSE Lux last August with 33k miles on it for 36,500. It came with the expedition rack, A-bar, aux lights as well. Miles were a little high, but I drive <5k per year.

I also had a dealer sell a truck I had a deposit on to someone else. That was an 08 HSE Lux with 9k miles on it. That truck was 39,990.

Both were via dealers, and found on AutoTrader.com.

Autotrader is showing this for my 2008 HSE search I had saved (200 miles from my zip code):

Highest Price:$43,995
Lowest Price:$33,995
Average Price:$38,910

NickLR3HSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out www.texascarsdirect.com

Very easy to deal with, bought our 06 LR3 HSE from there with like 20K miles on it two years ago for 26K plus ttl. Flew up there, given the keys, said take it as long as you would like, when you get back paperwork will be ready to be signed. They even picked me up at the airport. Great prices.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil changes are just like anything else with skid plates, just got remove them. Needs 8quarts, but other that that, it's pretty normal.

Love my LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99